Using 'Room Controls' for simple telnet communication to DSP

Hi,

I know this is for the API, but this is certainly the spot where individuals would know the answer. Support.zoom doesn’t have any insight into this topic and I’m at a loss for finding help elsewhere.

I have written some JSON that should be able to control a client’s Biamp Tesira DSP, in theory. The command I am issuing I can make work with a Putty to the DSP, but tomorrow is the only day I can be onsite with the client’s zoom room portal to load the Json. I am wondering the following:

• Should this work in theory (opening a GenericNetworkAdapter, pointing to the ip of the device, sending the simple command which I know works
  • Has anybody had issues controlling 3rd party devices with TCP/IP?
  • Is there anything I need to do to have Zoom ‘discover’ the device on the network?
  • Is there an easy way to ‘debug’ what is coming into the DSP and see if the commands are getting through and if there are any syntax errors. I get feedback when I use Putty for the command.

Here is the Json I plan to send. Keep in mind, I am not a programmer, but I did copy over and adjust the scripting from a video for Q-Sys, Biamp’s competetitor. It seems to be correct, but I would love to know if this will work before I have the client load the code and spend time on this.

Thanks in advance!

{
“adapaters”: [
{
“model”: “GenericNetworkAdapter”,
“ip”: “tcp://192.168.4.19:23”,
“ports”: [
{
“id”: “biamp”,
“name”: “dsp”,
“methods”: [
{
“id”: “MicMute”
“name”: “Mic Mute”
“command”: “ParleMic1 set mute 1 %”
“params”: [
{
“id”: “muted”
“name”: “Muted”
“value”: “true”
},
{
“id”: “unmuted”
“name”: “Not Muted”
“value”: “false”
}
]
“type”: “action”
}
]
}

]
	}
"styles": [
	"biamp.MicMute.invisible=true"
		  ]

"rules":
{
	"microphone_muted":[
		"biamp.MicMute.on"
	],
	"microphone_unmuted":[
		"biamp.MicMute.off"
	],
}
			]

}

Biamp mute control is automatically integrated with the use of the EX-UBT - the LED color tracks the mute status when using the usb interface of the EX-UBT

Is that what you’re after?

That is correct, and yes it is what I am after. But, short of having an Ex-UBT, sending this simple telnet command will work as well, I’m just wondering if it will work with Zoom Room Controls.

Further, we lots of devices that can receive simple tcp/ip controls. Having some functioning JSON profiles that work with Room Controls allows us to do more with less.

Update on this for anyone curious - mods can feel free to delete the thread if not deemed relevent.

Json communications directly with Biamp will not work. Both the Zoom computer and the DSP are Telnet clients, looking for a Telnet host in this instance. Therefore, a session cannot be established. This info comes from Biamp. Other than the Ex-UBT, this can be done via a global cache.

Thanks for sharing, @pgilligan!

1 Like

No problem. In the future, where is the best place to discuss this topic? Seems like the API forum can involve discussions about the Zoom Room Controls feature as well. There is a lot of promise in this feature.

Hey @pgilligan,

Since we don’t have a dedicated thread for this, you can continue to post here and we’ll always be happy to point you in the right direction, to the best of our abilities. That said, I appreciate the suggestion to have a better place for this.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.