Using Userid or 'me'

Description
When creating a meeting using OAuth authentication, can the customer that authorized my App make an API call using the ‘me’ value for user id, or do they need to supply their own email address/ userid?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings

Hey @demo2Thalamus,

When users authorize your app, their user ID will be passed to your app as part of the OAuth flow. They shouldn’t need to make an API request in order to use your app. Does this help to clarify?

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding!

Thanks,
Will

They will not be making an API request. Our code behind is doing that. In that API call, do we use the ‘me’ reference or capture our customer’s userid for the call?

From your comment, it sounds like their userid will become the value for the ‘me’ reference so we don’t need to worry about it. Did I understand correctly?

Hey @demo2Thalamus,

Apologies for any confusion—when I say that their user info will be passed as part of the OAuth flow, I’m referring to the code that is appended to the callback URL when the user authorizes the app, allowing you to make subsequent requests once authorized.

In any subsequent API requests, you should be able to use the /me context or a userId. Does this help to clarify?

Thanks,
Will

I believe that helps, We will test it first to confirm.

Hey @demo2Thalamus,

Glad we could help!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.