Using Zoom API in Plugin for CMS where Zoom account holder inputs credentials

I am building a plugin for WordPress multi-site. In an admin settings page of each site, what does the Zoom account holder (with a Paid account of course) for that site have to enter so that my WP plugin can start using his/her Zoom account for scheduling/creating meetings?

Also, am I correct in assuming that I need to build the app as an Account level App? Each site where the plugin is installed will have various users for whom the plugin should be able to schedule/create meetings.

Would OAuth authentication be the best to use for a app/plugin of this type?

hi @emoore,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Zoom Developer Support Forum, we are happy to help you.

Let me try to respond to your questions individually:

I am building a plugin for WordPress multi-site. In an admin settings page of each site, what does the Zoom account holder (with a Paid account of course) for that site have to enter so that my WP plugin can start using his/her Zoom account for scheduling/creating meetings?

A. Currently, we do not have a ready to use Wordpress plugin for Zoom, but you can consider implementing this plugin developed by 3rd party developers in your application. Please note that we will not be able to support this plugin.
If the above response does not resolve your issue, can you please elaborate it with more details, and provide specific examples of what you are looking to achieve (screenshots, logs, code snippets, etc, will be helpful), so that we can provide you with specific recommendations.

Also, am I correct in assuming that I need to build the app as an Account level App? Each site where the plugin is installed will have various users for whom the plugin should be able to schedule/create meetings.

A. Yes, you would need to build an Account level app.

Would OAuth authentication be the best to use for a app/plugin of this type?

A. We provide two types of authorizations:

1. OAuth
  2. JWT

You can choose the one that fits your use case the best.

Thanks,
Ojus