Video and screen share do not render on Mac with Desktop Video SDK (Electron sample)

When launching the Electron sample on my Mac, I do not see any video of myself (camera light is on) or others and I cannot see shared screens nor does my shared screen appear for others.

I should note that in order to get the sample to work at all, I commented out “await installVueDevtools()” in background.js as suggested in:

That said, I am able to see video when I run this app on Windows 10 where I also had to comment that line.

Which Desktop Video SDK version?
zoom-instant-sdk-electron-demo-1.0.2

To Reproduce(If applicable)
npm run electron:serve

Screenshots of same session with Mac and Windows client
Mac (no video is rendered):

Windows (only video from Windows is renedered, no video from Mac):

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)]

Hello, I’m tlol91. If you don’t mind, I wan to ask a question. How did you rendered the video at Windows? Did you use ‘sendVideoFrame’ function?

Hello @tlol91, I am not directly using the Windows SDK but the Electron sample application which wraps the Windows / Mac SDK. You would have to dig into the implementation to see how it is exactly rendered within the SDK.

Thank you for your reply. I’ll try again. Thank you.

Hi @tkoehler, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We will need to investigate this and get back to you as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Hi @tkoehler,

Can you please provide the SDK logs from the electron app? There should be an encrypted file under ~/Library/log/${APP_NAME}.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom ,
I have a few older logs in that folder from a few days ago. I renamed the folder hoping that I can get a fresh copy of a single run but the folder was not recreated.
Also, how can I get these files to you? Here I can only upload images it seems.

Thanks,
Torsten

Hi @tkoehler,

You can send the logs over to developersupport@zoom.us, with a link to this thread.

Thanks!

Does ‘comment that line.’ means like this image?

Thanks @jon.zoom - I have sent the logs to the logs to the provided email address.

Hello @tlol91 - Yes this is the line I commented as you have indicated in the screenshot. Without that change, I have not been able to launch into the app.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate of your kindness.

Hi @tkoehler,

Thanks for sending that over. Confirming that I have received the logs. We will look into this and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.