Video crop issue on landscape view on web

I’m also facing a video cropping issue in React. After initiating a meeting in landscape view with both React and React Native, the same problem appeared. The participant video from the landscape-oriented phone is displayed in a cropped or 3x zoomed format on the web side. I need guidance to resolve this issue. While the remote video displays correctly in React Native, it appears cropped in React.

Web Video SDK version
@zoom/videosdk : 1.10.7

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome

Does anyone know how to solve the issue?

Hey @dev.jestinxavier

Thanks for your feedback.

By default, the Video SDK will crop the captured video stream to the standard 16/9 ratio. If you do not want to crop it, you can specify the originalRatio option in the stream.startVideo method.

Thanks
Vic

@vic.yang Yes, I fixed the issue, but the video quality is too low sometimes. When I make a Zoom call, it gives me better quality, but it does not provide good quality in my Zoom-integrated app. Why is this happening? What should I do?

Hey @dev.jestinxavier

Low video quality depends on various factors such as network bandwidth, CPU usage, etc. Additionally, the performance on the web may be inferior to that of the native client.

We can help analyze the issues if you can share the sessionId with us or integrate client-side telemetry .

Thanks
Vic

{
“type”: “VIDEO_QOS_DATA”,
“data”: {
“encoding”: false,
“width”: 0,
“height”: 0,
“fps”: 0,
“rtt”: 148,
“jitter”: 4,
“avg_loss”: 0,
“max_loss”: 0
}
}

{
“networkQualityChange”: {
“userId”: 16778240,
“type”: “downlink”,
“level”: 3
}
} @vic.yang here is the video and network quality log.

sessionKey: “e081efe3-2749-445d-90fd-f28850ff00d4” this is the sessionKey

Hi, does anyone on the Zoom team know how to resolve this issue?

Hey @dev.jestinxavier

Could you share the sessionId with us instead of the sessionKey?

The sessionId can be obtained from the dashboard or through client.getSessionInfo().sessionId.

Thanks
Vic

{
“sessionId”: “lnPTAgjVTKy+S1wuNuNVIw==”
}

@vic.yang This is the sessionId

Connecting to the video call takes too much time.

Hey @dev.jestinxavier

I’d like to confirm some info with you. Are you using Web as the host and React Native as the attendee joining the session? Are both of these devices in the same location? We’re analyzing whether these two users are connected to servers in different regions and investigating the cause of this issue.

Thanks
Vic

Yes, these are in different regions. The React Web (India) serves as the host, and the React Native (Dubai) functions as the attendee. We initiate a call from React to React Native.

so how to resolve this issue?

Hey @dev.jestinxavier

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

We are currently investigating the root cause of the low-quality video. We will keep you informed if any updates.

Thanks
Vic

I need to resolve this issue as soon as possible. If you require any additional details from my side, please message me. On our end, we successfully created a meeting with the Zoom app, and it functions correctly there. However, in my app, it is not working properly. Sometimes, it fails to join the meeting properly.

hi @vic.yang I’m waiting here for your reply.

i think you need to adjust video rendering settings or check for compatibility issues between React and your video library.

@dev.jestinxavier

We have recently rolled out an update on our backend. This update should enable 720p for all customers right now.

Do you still encounter low quality / low resolution starting this month?

Yes, we are currently experiencing video lag, and after 3 minutes, the video from React Native becomes stuck on the web.

hi, does anyone have any idea about this issue?

Hey @dev.jestinxavier

Could you share more sessionId with us for troubleshooting?
The sessionId provided earlier had a very short session time, only about 2 minutes.

Thanks
Vic