Video save functionality in ZOOM web SDK

Description
We have implemented ZOOM SDK in Angular 8 successfully. There is one issue, We are not able to save video on local machine using SDK.
If we use ZOOM app, It is working. Popup comes up asking where to save video.
I have 2 questions.

1. Can we save video to local using web SDK?
  2. If yes, Can we save video to our cloud directly using our API? instead of showing popup to save video?

Error
We are not able to save video on local machine using web SDK

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [MacBook pro]
  • Browser:[Chrome]

Hey @nilesh.bunde,

With the Zoom Web SDK, you cannot save the video locally. You can only save the video to the cloud.

If you want to save the video to your cloud progrmatically, you can listen for the Recording Completed Webhook event, then use the download_url in the payload to download the recording to your cloud service.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for the reply.

We are in Healthcare domain and we are developing HIPAA complaint software. But Zoom for Healthcare only allows local desktop recording with HIPAA BAA for clinical application.

So in this case how can we use Web SDK to save meetings, since as you said it can only save the video to the cloud. Is there any workaround?

Thank you,
Nilesh

Hey @nilesh.bunde,

Thanks for sharing your use case. Unfortunately the W3C spec does not support local recording like the Zoom Native Client App does. This could change in the future, but I am unsure on timing.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any other way you know using which we can record video meeting.
Any third party APP/Library or something like that which we can integrate in our Angular APP to record video displayed in DOM? Which is HIPAA compliant as well…

Thanks!!

Hey @nilesh.bunde,

I am unfamiliar with 3rd party recording products / libraries that are HIPAA compliant.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Thanks for the reply!

Thanks,
Nilesh

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy