Video SDK - Live Streaming

Hi,

I have a few questions concerning Video SDK support for live streaming a session, which I’d appreciate some help with. For background, I’ve already read the following sections of the SDK docs

1) Does the Video SDK support live streaming multiple video streams of users/participants in a video session, concurrently?

When the SDK method to start live streaming is invoked, does this stream the video of every user/participant in the session, or only the video of the user on behalf of which the SDK call is made?

2) Assuming the answer to 1) is yes, how are the video streams composed / laid out in the generated RTMP live stream, by default?

What compositions and layouts for the live stream are supported out of the box (e.g. are pinned / active speaker, gallery and ribbon layouts/views supported similar to Zoom meetings)?

Does the SDK support programmatically selecting / applying one of the supported compositions / layout for the live stream?

3) Are the desktop Video SDKs (macOS or Windows) currently the only means of enabling live streaming for a Video session? (I have already discovered that this function isn’t supported by the Video web SDK).

Do you have any plans to offer a public web API for the Video SDK service to support managing and reporting on Video SDK sessions, e.g. configuring the live stream, in a similar way to which the Zoom REST API currently supports this for Zoom Meetings?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Neil Brown.

1 Like

Hello, no response has been written for this topic, have you reached any results?