Hello Zoom Developers, here are the updates for the Video SDK Web version 1.1.0 release :
- Updated “Instant” namespace to “Video”. When you upgrade to 1.1.0 make sure to update Instant to Video. For example change
import ZoomInstant from @zoomus/videosdk';to
import ZoomVideo from '@zoom/videosdk';
- Local audio and video track APIs to preview audio/video before joining a session.
- Audio quality of service (QoS) improvements resulting in smoother audio in high latency environments.
npmoption for integrating the Web Video SDK into the developer workflow. Available at @zoom/videosdk - npm.
- CORP/COEP header configurations in the demo apps to support cross-origin isolation requirements for changes related to Chrome 92. See https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/announcements#web-isolation for details.
- APIs for controlling and managing Web Video SDK sessions.
- In addition to our React demo, we now have a new pure-JS demo of a more-traditional video experience that does not use any frameworks or libraries. You can use this demo app to experiment with simpler video use cases. See GitHub - zoom/sample-app-videosdk: zoom videosdk web demo for details.
- We also deployed a sample app that demonstrates how to securely generate a Video SDK session signature on the server side. You can run it locally or one click deploy it to a cloud server to get it up and running for testing. See GitHub - zoom/videosdk-sample-signature-node.js: Generate a signature to Start and Join Sessions with the Zoom Web Video SDK. for details.
- Exposed enumeration types to facilitate proper usage of types and type-checking.
- Clarified notices around older SDK versions that need to be upgraded.
You can also see the update listed on our Changelog: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog