Video sharing does not work on some iPhones

First I use zoom-sdk-ios-5.7.6.1080 and in all devices I can see share video(in all device).

But when I upgraded zoom sdk to zoom-sdk-ios-5.10.1.3038 - on some device share video does not work.

I use custom UI and this method to show share video -

func onSinkMeetingActiveShare(_ userID: UInt) {
shareView.showActiveShare(withUserID: userID)
}

For example on iPhone 11 Pro - everything is good - but on iPhone Xr I don’t see share video(but I use same code for in both device and both sdk version)

Hi @Vasyl,

Can you try updating your implementation to setup the share view after receiving the onSinkSharingStatus callback with a value of MobileRTCSharingStatus_View_Other_Sharing?

Thanks!

This onSinkSharingStatus callback work the same as onSinkMeetingActiveShare - they are called and the statuses come correct.
But the problem is that on some devices(ex: iPhone 11 Pro) everything works properly - share view is displayed, and on some device(ex: iPhone Xr) share view look just a black screen

Addition:

on devices on which everything works(about share view):
user is in meeting - host start share view

1. we receive onSinkSharingStatus with status “MobileRTCSharingStatus_Other_Share_Begin”
  2. and in this callback call “shareView.showActiveShare(withUserID: userID)”
  3. then we receive onSinkSharingStatus with status “MobileRTCSharingStatus_View_Other_Sharing”
    everything works well - share view is displayed

on devices on which share view doesn’t work:
user is in meeting - host start share view

1. we receive onSinkSharingStatus with status “MobileRTCSharingStatus_Other_Share_Begin”
  2. and in this callback call “shareView.showActiveShare(withUserID: userID)”
  3. we don’t get any more callbacks - share view is displayed as a black screen

Hi @Vasyl,

Thanks for the additional testing. The fact that you aren’t receiving the MobileRTCSharingStatus_View_Other_Sharing status is pointing us in the right direction, now we just need to figure out why you aren’t receiving that on certain devices. Let’s take a few steps to narrow down what exactly is going wrong:

1. When this issue is present on the iPhone XR, are you able to view the shared content on other devices in the same meeting (not counting the user who is currently sharing)?
  2. Can you reproduce this behavior using the SDK sample app?
  3. Can you provide two SDK logs from the same meeting & screen share attempt - one from a device where the issue is present and one where the shared content displays properly? In case you aren’t aware, instructions for how to get the logs can be found here.

Thanks!

1. I not able to view the shared content on different devices in the same meeting

2. for a simple app I use this - Quickstart with sample app - and it work (share view property) on all devices.

Any ideas?

Hi @Vasyl,

1. Thanks for confirming.
  2. Apologies, but this is not the SDK sample app. The SDK sample app is the MobileRTCSample project included with the SDK download. Can you please try to reproduce using that one?

Thanks!

I have problem to run simple app in real device -

can you help?

Hi @Vasyl,

Can you pleas elaborate on what steps have been taken to run the sample app? The screenshot provided does not give any information on what the actual error is.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.