Waiting room disable meeting ID and disable speaker phone in meeting

Description
Attached screens for the issue.

1. How to disable the waiting room meeting ID?
  2. How to disable the speaker phone icon during the meeting?

Which version?
v5.0.24437.0708

Screenshots

Disable the whole row "Meeting ID: 777 xxxxx"

The upper-left cornea icon

Thanks.

Hi @shingshing6, thanks for the post.

How to disable the waiting room meeting ID?

To change the meeting room UI, you would need to implement your own custom waiting room UI. Instructions on how to do that can be found here.

How to disable the speaker phone icon during the meeting?

This can be done by adding MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_AUDIO_SOURCE to your MeetingOptions#meeting_views_options value as such:

// Disable only the switch audio button
StartMeetingOptions options = new StartMeetingOptions();
options.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_AUDIO_SOURCE;
meetingService.startInstantMeeting(context, options);

// Disable the switch audio button AND another view found in MeetingViewsOptions
StartMeetingOptions options = new StartMeetingOptions();
options.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_AUDIO_SOURCE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_LEAVE;
meetingService.startInstantMeeting(context, options);

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Thanks.

One more question, is it possible to set the language if using the custom waiting room UI? In my case, it show English string only, but i want to show Chinese string.

Hi @shingshing6, thanks for the response.

If you choose to implement a custom waiting UI, it is entirely up to you what will be displayed as you are implementing your own Activity for it.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

I still cannot solve the language problem in the custom waiting UI. I would like to know how to set the SDK language before join the custom waiting UI.

Like using the code

mZoomSDK.getInstance().setSdkLocale( context, locale);

However, the coding above is not working in the custom waiting UI. Would you please advise how to do it?

Thanks.

Hi @shingshing6,

The locale will only update language used in the default UI. The SDK cannot change UI that you have implemented yourself, so you will have to handle that. Here’s a guide from Google that should point you in the right direction for localizing your app.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon,

May I know how to pass value to custom waiting room UI then? I cannot find the coding to pass the value like intent.putExtras() to custom waiting room UI intent.

Hi @shingshing6,

The ability to persist data throughout your app is part of the Android framework, not the Zoom SDK. For this reason, we will be unable to provide guidance around this specific detail of your implementation.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

I refer to the document you stated before. Add the code below in AndroidManifest.xml

<activity android:name="us.zoom.sdkexample.MyWaitJoinActivity" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" >
	<intent-filter>
		<action android:name="us.zoom.sdkexample.intent.action.JoinBeforeHost" />
		<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/> 
	</intent-filter>
</activity>

Then, it will call the MyWaitJoinActivity. Also, it can get the intent meeting topic, meeting number, meeting time, and meeting type. However, I just want to know if i can pass more parameters when retrieve the intent arguments. As you can pass those 4 parameters, i wonder if i can put more in the intent. If so, i would like to know how to do it.

Thanks.

Hi @shingshing6,

Since you are retrieving the intent and not manually starting the activity with your own intent, you would only be able to access the data that is already there. If you would like to persist additional data throughout your application, you would have to use one of the alternative options provided by the Android framework.

Thanks!