Customize Zoom Meeting

Hi everyone,

I am new to Zoom. I plan to use the service of video chatting during the meeting on an ANDROID application. I notice not everything can be customize after the meeting started. For example, I want to remove the “change camera option” & “mute the speaker” option, currently is not able to do that. Besides, I don’t want another view that can show both same size of myself and the other person. Moreover, I want to have callback when someone join the meeting/leave the meeting. That is not possible too. Please advice. 

Hi Xavier,

1. to remove certain options in SDK, please take a look at MeetingViewsOptions Class(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/). Zoom provides methods to hide buttons.  

2. Can you explain more on the second request? we don’t have this API currently.

3. it is possible to get callback. The sample will be locate InMeetingService and InMeetingServiceListener.

For example: 

/* Sink the event of meeting new user join * @param userId the user’s id */

void onMeetingUserJoin(long userId);

/* Sink the event of meeting user leave * @param userId the user’s id */

void onMeetingUserLeave(long userId);

Best

The 1st request “to remove certain options in SDK, please take a look at MeetingViewsOptions Class(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/). Zoom provides methods to hide buttons.”
I know most of the buttons can be removed, but for the change camerabutton and the open/close speaker button is currently not able to be removed. 

For the 2nd request, it refer to the switch of gallery view and speaker view. I want to disable the gallery view, so user cannot swipe to the gallery view.

Hi Xavier,

We already support your request 1, please take a look at the following:

|

|

MeetingOptions opts = new MeetingOptions();

opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_CAMERA + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SWITCH_AUDIO_SOURCE;

|

|

Best

I am also facing issues in my case sometimes users can see meeting id PWD and bottom bar and some time they cant see that bar. my code is as below.

Code:

private void startConference() {

try {

ZoomSDK zoomSDK = ZoomSDK.getInstance();
        MeetingService meetingService = zoomSDK.getMeetingService();
        JoinMeetingOptions opts = new JoinMeetingOptions();
        opts.no_invite = true;
        opts.no_share = true;
        opts.no_bottom_toolbar = true;
        opts.no_titlebar = true;
        opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD;

JoinMeetingParams params = new JoinMeetingParams();

String mStrName = "";
        mStrName = Datastorage.GetStudentName(HomeActivity.this);
        if (mStrName == null || mStrName.equalsIgnoreCase("") || mStrName.isEmpty()) {
            mStrName = getEmployeeName();
        }
        if (mStrName == null || mStrName.equalsIgnoreCase("") || mStrName.isEmpty()) {
            mStrName = "Student";
        }
        params.displayName = mStrName;
        params.meetingNo = mZoomMeetingNumber;
        params.password = mStrMeetingPassword;

meetingService.joinMeetingWithParams(HomeActivity.this, params, opts);
        mProgressDialog.dismiss();
    } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }
}

Hi @jaydeep,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for sharing the code. I have tried the same code with our demo app, and I did not encounter the issue you are facing. Is this reproducible with our demo app? If you have already set no_bottom_toolbar and no_titlebar to be true, you do not need to set the meeting views options since the meeting ID and password are in the titlebar. (But this won’t cause the issue you are facing).

Thanks!