Description
Web Meeting SDK is returning error when trying to call the sdk api

ZoomMtg.mediaCapturePermission({
    operate: 'request',
    success: console.log,
    error: console.error
  });

Browser Console Error

{"method":"mediaCapturePermission","status":false,"errorCode":1,"errorMessage":"not support grant local record permissin","result":null}

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

ZoomMtg.mediaCapturePermission({
    operate: 'request',
    success: console.log,
    error: console.error
  });

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join the meeting using web sdk
  2. Run the provided code in browser console
  3. See error

Screenshots
Screenshot of trying the code on sample app

Troubleshooting Routes
I tested using the sample app (GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample: Zoom Meeting SDK web sample)

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Dell Laptop
  • Browser: Chromium/ Firefox
  • Browser Version:
    • Chromium:115.0.5790.110 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)
    • Firefox: 116.0.2

This is the same behavior with the Component view of the Meeting SDK (Web),.

Description
Web Meeting SDK with component view is returning error when trying to call the SDK API``

try {
    await this.zoomClient.mediaCapturePermission("request");
} catch (e) {
    console.log(e);
}

Browser Console Error

not support

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Hi Is there any update on this issue? As Zoom plans to enforce media capture permissions, we need this API to work properly so that it doesn’t break our application.

Regards.

Hi @amalwa @bharat.bhadresha ,

This is a known issue and is being worked on to be fixed soon (ZOOM-496330). The fix will be released in the developer announcements and I will try to come back and share in this thread as well.

It’s works to me use 2.15.0. @gianni.zoom can you help verify which cluster Akash use it.

Sure thing @JackYang ,

@amalwa @bharat.bhadresha please private message me your developer email, meeting SDK credentials, and recent meeting ID where you experienced this not working.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 4.30.46 PM
Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 4.31.43 PM

Hi @amalwa @bharat.bhadresha ,

Submitted a ticket with your info for further investigation (ZSEE-102219).

@bharat.bhadresha do you have recording permissions enabled?

Yes @gianni.zoom, Here is the screenshot of the setting. Please confirm if this is the one you are referring to.

Hi @bharat.bhadresha @amalwa ,

Can you both update to latest version and try again? I just saw we do not support the versions you’re on and that may be the issue since we are not able to reproduce internally.

Hi Gianni,

I am on the latest version of the WebSDK 2.15.0 which is the only version where the media capture permissions API is provided for Component view.

Regards,
Akash

Hi @amalwa ,

You are right! I forgot about this. Using this requires the host to use the same meeting sdk version or the native client to join the meeting.

Can you please confirm if this has been true in your testing?

Yes I can confirm that host used the native client to join the meeting.

Yes, I confirm that host is using native client to join the meeting in my tests.

I tested with the just released latest version 2.15.2 and the issue is still present.

Okay thanks @bharat.bhadresha @amalwa we are unable to produce, but are still looking into this.

Ok So I think Gianni you are correct this feature works but requires the host to configure the account to allow local recording.

After a little more digging I found that the host has to enable local recording for the API to work.
This article details about the process - https://ccctechconnect.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025272333-Recording-Permission-for-Participant-to-Record#:~:text=In%20your%20Zoom%20meeting%20click,a%20notification%20about%20recording%20privileges.

Thanks for the help Gianni.

Regards,
Akash

1 Like

Just FYI
@gianni.zoom I have this setting enabled but still not working for me.

Hi @amalwa , I’m glad you were able to resolve!

@bharat.bhadresha can you please share the type of meeting and recording settings? For example, is it a meeting that’s recurring? Is automatic recurring enabled?

Thanks!