Web SDK join rate limit

Description
What’s the rate limit for joining meetings using the Web SDK?
We have customers who host meetings on their devices and we let other users join those meetings using our web integration with Zoom using the Web SDK.
How many users can join each meeting?
Is there a limit to the amount of users who can join all meetings created with the same API key?
Is there a limit to the whole numbers of meetings we can join using the Web SDK?

Additional context
Initially we will be using the same API key to join every meeting.
If there’s a limit per API key, can we “load balance” using multiple API keys?

Thanks!

Hey @amiranda,

Happy to help clarify.

To that end, I should first note that Zoom rate limits apply to API requests and are applied on an account level. If you have several different apps under your account, the credentials associated with each of these will all count towards your rate limits.

In regards to the Web SDK, this can hold up to 1000 attendees if you have the right plan—if you have a Pro account, it holds up to 100 participants by default unless you buy a Meeting 500 add-on. Business accounts can hold up to 300 participants by default. You can see our plan capacities here:

Keep in mind that the number of attendees in your meetings or webinars does not affect your API rate limits.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will!
Is the participants limit on the Web SDK global?
Or it’s, let’s say, 300 participants per meeting while being able to join several different meetings at the same time?

We will have around 2K customers hosting meetings using their devices.
Each one will invite some attendees to join using our web app.
So we expect to be able to allow users to join these different meetings using the Web SDK.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to clarify this :slight_smile:

Hey @amiranda,

Yes, that all should work. :slight_smile: Please let us know if you run into any hiccups.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.