Web SDK update version 1.8.0

@michael_p.zoom Still not possible to start a meeting as host?

In our service, we create meetings for people. Then we want them to start the meeting with role 1.

Apparently, they have to start the meeting outside of our service, and we need to use role 0. That is not ideal at all

1 Like

We’re excited about the new version. FWIW the ability to do this was the single most important thing we assumed was meant by “Added support for joining a registered webinar.” Here’s hoping full support for webinar registrations is added in the near future.

1 Like

Hi, How can i get the Rest API

Hey @it.rosk, @shervink11, @laevents,

Please create a new topic in #web-sdk with your issues / questions and we will answer you there. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @flippyhead,

Thanks for your feedback! We will work on supporting this in a future release.

-Tommy

@tommy

Could you give a follow-up on this thread: Invalid signature for meetings outside my own user

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@tommy, @michael_p.zoom,

In 1.8.0 web SDK, hearing extra noise in speaker. Totally voice is not clear to hear.

Hey @shervink11,

Yes, we will address you in that thread. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @karthikeyan.ramaraj,

Please create a new topic here: #web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,
I wanted to know if we are organising a quiz on zoom, where we need private input from the participants so that the input is securely recorder in some database corresponding to the name of the participant. Is there any piece of code for that which can work on that.

Hey @jamessam.88js,

Please create a new thread here: #zoom-api

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy As others have pointed out the audio quality has degraded pretty significantly on 1.8.0. I think there is another issue in general, when I rolled back to 1.7.10 I was able to observe audio stutter which was not there in the past. This is specially true for people using surface tablet on Windows or Macbook Air.

Regards
Nitin

Hey @nitin1,

Thanks for the feedback. We are currently investigating the audio issues. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Thanks for the update, we’re in the middle of developing an integrated event platform and will be utilising Zoom for presentation interaction. I notice that there are no further upcoming changes to the Zoom Web SDK - do you have a timeline on when further requested features may be added such as polling, etc?

Thank you for your work!

Hey @alexmayo,

We will have more updates to the change log page shortly. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Have you solved any of the issues about the Hearing and Speaking? (Robotic or Lagghi Voice)
This issue is so frustrating, they make the SDK impossible to be used!

Can you please bring our frustration to the Developers?
I’m having this issue and I’m reading about that issues since you have launched the SDK.

We love Zoom and the incredible service it does provide but with those issues, it is hard!

Sending you positive energy

1 Like

Hey @YoussefBV,

In the latest Web SDK version, 1.8.1 we have fixed some additional audio issues:

Please create a new thread if you are still experiencing additional audio issues: #web-sdk :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey, is the SDK update for breakout rooms still scheduled for September?

1 Like

Hey @laurencestephan,

You can see our upcoming changes page for the features we are releasing next:

We will update this page once we have an exact release date for breakout rooms.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for the update. One question, the changelog for v1.8.1 mentions the video quality improvement but I can see no actual difference in the video quality from the previous SDK version after updating to the latest one, can you please clarify this?

Fixed video resolution bug where the default video resolution should be 360p instead of 180p.