ACTION REQUIRED: Web SDK update version 1.8.5

Hello Zoom Developers, here are the updates for the Web SDK version 1.8.5 release:

Please note that as of January 10th, all older versions of the Web SDK (versions 1.8.3 and below) will no longer have computer audio functionality within meetings. Please upgrade to version 1.8.5 or above to avoid service disruption.

To complete alignment with Zoom’s security initiative, including the new AES 256-bit GCM encryption, we will disable un-encrypted audio within meetings that are not using AES 256-bit GCM audio encryption starting on Sunday, January 10, 2021.

As a result of this change, we are requiring all Web SDK users to upgrade their Web SDK integrations to the latest available version 1.8.5 that supports AES GCM encryption audio to avoid service interruptions. Read more here.

Now, let’s get to the exciting stuff! :slight_smile:

Additions

1. Support for Breakout Rooms.
  2. Support for Polling.
  3. Support for Live Transcription.
  4. Support for the host to use the Host key to claim the meeting as a host when meeting no host.
  5. Support reclaim host for joined use (role=1).
  6. Support to assign new hosts before leaving the meeting.
  7. Support for authentication names for starting and joining meetings from China.
  8. New AES-GCM encryption and decryption audio support.
  9. Support for logging out integrating within Zoom for authentication meeting.
  10. Init API add Enable/Disable Breakout Rooms and Polling option.

Enhancements

1. Redesigned the Report a user in-meeting form.
  2. Remove Jquery. all $.i18n -> ZoomMtg.i18n.
  3. Provided es5 support within the npm version.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed bug that displays black screen when host starts screen sharing.
  2. Fixed UI issues where the Join Computer Audio button does not display properly within the small window.
  3. Fixed UI issue where Active speaker is covered by speaker name within the small window.
  4. Fixed issue where a user clicks Leave meeting and leave url does not work.
  5. Fixed issue where clicking Phone call buttons returns error & black screen.
  6. Fixed API issue where isSupportVA false.
  7. Fixed API showMeetingHeader false in waiting room black screen.
  8. Fixed UI issue where “Guest” title shows for all non hosts.

You can also see the update listed on our Changelog: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, does this affect Webinars as well or only Zoom Meetings?

Hey @pavol.slido,

Great question, webinars as well.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy

Hi Tommy. We are not using the webSDK, but we are using three other Zoom software “kits” - which are 1) the C# wrapper, 2) the REST API, and 3) the android SDK. Do we have any action to take with these before the 10th?

Thanks

Adam

Hey @a.diament,

No action needed for the other SDKs. :slight_smile:

Only the Client Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy Is this for all audio in the WebSDK? You mentioned no more “computer audio functionality within meetings” and we were trying to clarify if that meant ANY audio, or does that specifically mean the share computer audio feature?

Kind of puts us in a bind as we weren’t aware of this and will have to do a very quick production hotfix if no audio will work after the 10th…

Thanks,
Matt

With this polling support, can we launch a poll within the webinar? The button doesn’t show up in the screen, but when another client (i.e.: mac os x version of the zoom.us app) launches the poll, it shows the polling popup on the websdk client.

I’ve tried it in a meeting and it works good

@tommy Just following up again to get clarification here. We’re going to have to do a production hotfix ASAP if this affects all audio in the websdk. Trying to see if that’s the case, or if this just affects the share computer audio feature.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Tommy!
Any ETA on supporting higher than 360p on the Web SDK? I saw it written somewhere that is was being worked on and would be released in Q4?

hi,

as i just found out, there is another upgrade - 1.8.6 - announced for sunday, 10th of january 2021.
does this change anything about the mandatory upgrade to at least 1.8.4 to prevent audio problems?

i guess you know already, but you really put us into a complicated situation by your short-term upgrade policy. i would - once again - vouch for postponing this actual deadline.

thx
hari

1 Like

Hi @harald.glanzer,

You will still need to upgrade to 1.8.5 or higher to avoid any interruptions to audio.

Thanks,
Will

Hey Will.

Is it possible to get the changelog updated to be a bit more readable since it’s incredibly poor quality at the minute. I just had to spend a few minutes trying to actually understand what things had been changed, and I still don’t fully know!

For example…

Fixed Joined audio user can’t show wating room when be put on hold.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Cheers,
Alex

Hey @alexmayo ,

I have added some more context here, as well as linked to the related threads that the issue fixed:

Thanks,
Tommy

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @tommy

After this new release, Zoom Video call using Web SDK is not working in production. In Debug mode it is working.

Thanks
Fayaz

Hey @fayazvar.mobile ,

Can you please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we have enough details to help?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy ,

Yes I created it along with screenshots but no one reply to that.

Thanks
Fayaz