Hello Zoom Developers, here are the updates for the Web Video SDK version 1.2.0 release
- Support for Cloud Recording.
- Support for 720p video send. To send 720p video, the user must use Chrome version 95 or higher on Windows with either an Intel Integrated or NVIDIA Graphics card and pass the
hd:trueproperty in the
- Support for call out (documentation forthcoming).
- Support for a real-time data and command channel (documentation forthcoming).
- Improved role management.
- The user who created a session is considered the original host .
- The original host has the following privileges: the session ends after a configurable timeout after the original host leaves a session, if a new host was not assigned.
- When the original host rejoins the same session later, if nobody was assigned as the new host by the original host before they left the session, the original host can claim the host role, based on the
user_identitysetting in the JWT payload.
- The original host can take the host role at any time from the current host.
role_typein Authentication for details.
- Interface to disable session timeout.
- Previously, the Video SDK session would end after being idle for 48 hours.
- This interface enables you to choose to disable the timeout and allow the participants to be idle for an unlimited period of time.
- The new parameter is an unsigned int called
sessionIdleTimeoutMins. The default value is 40 minutes.
chatClient.getHistorymethod previously was not exposed.
isManagermethods are not available as co-hosts are not supported by the Web Video SDK. These have been removed from the documentation as well.
- Issue where the Chrome browser version was not correctly read if it were greater than version 100.
You can also see the update listed on our Changelog: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog