Webhook app endpoints for different event types receive the same events set

Description
I’ve created a Webhook-only app, added 3 different event subscriptions with different endpoints and different event types for these endpoints:

• “Meeting status changed” (meeting.started, meeting.ended events)
  • “Meeting managed” (meeting.created, meeting.updated, meeting.deleted events)
  • “Meeting participants changed” ( meeting.participant_joined, meeting.participant_left, meeting.participant_jbh_waiting, meeting.participant_jbh_joined events)

Error
I’m now receiving all the event notifications on all endpoints, even not designated for certain event type. E.g. if I update a meeting, I receive exactly the same meeting.updated on all my endpoints at the same time, including “Meeting status changed” and “Meeting participants changed” endpoints.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook-only app

Which Endpoint/s?
BASE_URI=https://service.******.ru/ (obfuscated)
{BASE_URI}/zoom/meeting_status
{BASE_URI}/zoom/meeting_manage
{BASE_URI}/zoom/meeting_manage

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a Webhook-only app,
  2. Add 3 event subscriptions with different endpoints and different set of event types:
  • “Meeting status changed” (meeting.started, meeting.ended events): endpoint={BASE_URI}/zoom/meeting_status
  • “Meeting managed” (meeting.created, meeting.updated, meeting.deleted events): endpoint={BASE_URI}/zoom/meeting_manage
  • “Meeting participants changed” ( meeting.participant_joined, meeting.participant_left, meeting.participant_jbh_waiting, meeting.participant_jbh_joined events): endpoint={BASE_URI}/zoom/meeting_participants
  1. Implement endpoints to log content received to separate log files.
  2. Do whatever in Zoom account to receive Webhook, e.g. schedule new random meeting.
  3. Check: all log files from step 3 now have the same size and the same content (what means that meeting.created received by all endpoints).

Hi @ilia.krendelev, I’ll investigate this and see what’s going on. When you say you’re now receiving these to all endpoints, were these working properly at one point?

Can you DM me your account ID and the email the webhook-only app is installed on?

Michael,

This is happening for me as well for my OAuth app with webhook subscriptions to meeting events.

I have two meeting event subscriptions which point at different endpoints. I’m observing that some events are sent to all (both) of my endpoints.

For example, based on the configuration of my app, I expect:
“meeting.participant_joined” invokes “/callback/participantjoined”
“meeting.participant_left” invokes “/callback/participantleft”

What I’m observing is that:
“meeting.participant_joined” invokes “/callback/participantjoined” and “/callback/participantleft”
“meeting.participant_left” invokes “/callback/participantjoined” and “/callback/participantleft”

When you say you’re now receiving these to all endpoints, were these working properly at one point?

Previously I’ve been working with one endpoint, which was receiving all event types at once, and all seemed to be fine.
But now I have to split my endpoints and I’ve got this problem.

So for me there was no point when multiple endpoints worked as expected.

@michael.zoom Same thing happening to me too. When one event was fired, the event arrived at every webhook endpoints that I registered. Please fix this.

Hey @trongtin6495, @ilia.krendelev, @recordedspeed,

We are aware of the issue and are looking into it. (ZOOM-152135)

I will post back here with updates.

Thanks,
Tommy