Webhook for Participant Joins a Waiting Room

Description

We need to keep a tally in our system of how many Participants are in a Meeting, including those in the Waiting Room for that Meeting. We thought to use Webhooks for this

In my own testing, I have observed if a Participant joins, and they enter a Waiting Room, the Webhook event for 'meeting.participant_joined' will not fire until the Host admits them into the Meeting. This was unfortunate for me as I needed to count the ones in the Waiting Room

I was overjoyed to see Participant joined a waiting room in the event types we could register for:

However, I cannot see this event hitting my endpoint.

Error
While I can see my endpoint receiving other events, I do not see it receive any events for Participant joined a waiting room

Please note I also cannot find any reference to Participant joined a waiting room in the API documentation

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
meeting.participant_joined
and
Participant joined a waiting room

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Register your webhook endpoint for Participant joined a waiting room
  2. Open a meeting with your Zoom account configured to have them wait for the host to admit them
  3. Have a participant joint that meeting but do not admit them
  4. See no event is firing

Additional context
I would like to emphasize that any way I could use Webhooks to get a sense of how many participants there are total associated with a meeting, including those in any waiting rooms, is a solution for me

Hey @clayreed

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.