Webhook recording.recovered Operator Value, documentation

Hello,

I’m currently working on some updates to an integration using the Webhook APIs and having some discrepancies between the docs and values I getting back over the wire.

Namely, I’m working off a subscription to the >recording.recovered< Webhook event,

First of all, even though the Zoom Docs seem to imply the email would be in the Operator_id
{
“event”: “string”,
“event_ts”: “long”,
“payload”: {
“account_id”: “string”,
“operator”: “string”,
“operator_id”: “string [email]”,
“object”: {

I actually have to parse the
"operator" for the email of an interactive User’s Email address who activate the Recover in the Zoom Web UI to get the even, the operator_Id seems to the be user’s Id code.

Now for the question, can someone give me a confirmation on the source values if / when the call is being made via an API integration via JWT bearer token!

PUT “https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/” +Uuid + “/recordings/status”
with Body : “{\r\n “action”: “recover”\r\n}”

On the return >object.payload.operator< , Is this the email address of the person who setup the JWT token ?

We need to be able to easily identify / distinguish “user driven” VS API based automated recovery calls and this would seem like a good identifier, however I would like confirmation.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hey @Nicolai,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Yes, I can confirm that the operator field from the recording.recovered webhook is indeed the email of the user that requested the recovery:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the reply,
Can you help clarify what the Operator field address will be when the calls are being made VIA a JWT token API call ? (Non interactive user)
Is this always the Account Admin email address ?
Thanks for any further clarfication.
Sincerely,

Hey @Nicolai ,

If the action is done via API to recover a recording, the operator will be the id/email of the JWT app owner.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.