Webinar API Access - Account vs License

Hello!

Description
We are looking into integrating with Zoom Webinars. We have a couple of licenses that are shifted around between accounts depending on who needs to host a webinar that day. I have two questions regarding the license’s impact on API access.

1. Does the webinar license need to be applied to an account at the time of OAuth access to the webinar API endpoints in order to retrieve past webinar information?

2. When a license is transferred between accounts does the information of past webinars travel with the license or is that retained only at the account level?

Hey @mark.santoski,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. To clarify, while you can have several licenses under an account, they are ultimately tied to users themselves. When it comes to sharing licenses amongst users, updating a user’s Webinare feature/package will update their ability to host a Webinar.

Does the webinar license need to be applied to an account at the time of OAuth access to the webinar API endpoints in order to retrieve past webinar information?

Yes, a webinar license will be applied to the user and this can be done only once you have OAuth access to authenticate the request.

When a license is transferred between accounts does the information of past webinars travel with the license or is that retained only at the account level?

No, when a license is transferred between users the license will have no impact on the previous Webinar history of the user. Regardless of if the user still has a Webinar license, historical Webinars will be reflected under the original user’s profile.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you very much, @MaxM !

To be clear on one point, “Regardless of if the user still has a Webinar license, historical Webinars will be reflected under the original user’s profile.” This makes sense, but to confirm am I access these historical webinars through the API without the Webinar license actively applied?

Hey @mark.santoski,

Thank you for your question. If a user hosted a Webinar in the past, that will be reflected in the API as the host even if they don’t currently have a Webinar license.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.