How long does Zoom store Webinars under an account that has been downgraded to Basic or Webinar feature has been removed from it?

The title of the Topic is self-explanatory.

I would like to know for how long Zoom stores Webinars under an account that has been downgraded to Basic or Webinar feature has been removed from it?

1. We created the Webinar and got the ID
  2. We downgraded the account to Basic
  3. API method to get Webinar by ID from step 1 doesn’t return it
  4. We upgraded the account to Licensed with Webinar 500 feature included
  5. API method to get Webinar by ID form step 1 does return it
  6. For how long an account can be a Basic one before you automatically delete all Webinars created under it?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @nikola.slavkovic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. My understanding is that we don’t delete any historical information about Webinars but we will remove the ability to host upcoming webinars.

You should be able to use Reports in order to pull information about past webinars.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have another question though, and it’s related to upcoming (not held) webinars that might exist under an account that has been downgraded to Basic or Webinar feature has been removed from. Do you keep them as well or these are removed after some time? I’m aware that Zoom deletes scheduled Meetings/Webinars that never started 45 days after schedule time.

Thank you in advance,
Nikola

Hey @nikola.slavkovic,

If you remove a webinar license from a user, they won’t be able to host their upcoming webinars or access the webinar page.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

I’m aware of the fact they won’t be able to host upcoming webinars or access the webinar page.

But that doesn’t answer my question what happens with upcoming webinars that have been scheduled before the webinar license has been removed from a user? Does the system delete these webinars after some period of time? Or we can assign the webinar license to a user (after let’s say 30 days) and that user will see his/her past and upcoming (if any) webinars, scheduled prior to the license removal, under his/her account?

Thanks,
Nikola

Hey Nikola,

Thank you for clarifying. If you remove a Webinar license from a user, they won’t be able to access the Webinar page or host the Webinar but it will still exist. Upon adding the Webinar license back, you’ll see that the Webinar is still there as long as the start time hasn’t passed.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thanks for the information. It’s very helpful.

Regards,
Nikola

Hey @nikola.slavkovic,

Great! I’m glad that helped. I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max