Webinar API Access After License Removed

Description
Hello! I asked in an earlier post if an user would still be able to utilize the Webinar API endpoints after the webinar license has been removed. @MaxM confirmed that this would be the case (Webinar API Access - Account vs License - #4 by MaxM).

I just attempted to access the Webinar endpoints after hosting webinars and then having the license removed and that does not seem to be the case. Am I missing something?

Error
{
“code”: 200,
“message”: “Webinar plan is missing. You must subscribe to the webinar plan and enable webinar for this user: XXXX in order to perform this action.”
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
List Webinars: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinars

Hey @mark.santoski,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Looking at our old post, it looks like I may have been a little unclear:

What I meant there is that a webinar license will need to be applied to the user before calling the Webinar API endpoints.

While this is true, you will need to make this call with a user that still has a Webinar license. In response to that API call, a user that previously had a webinar license will still be shown as the host.

I hope that clears things up! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

I have a follow up question for you Max. I’m running into the same issue with my OAuth app. I’m trying to get webinar details for a given webinar Id and I’m getting the same code 200 response. It’s a webinar from last month and the account is external to mine because it’s an integration for a customer, so I can’t apply a webinar license for someone else.

Shouldn’t I be able to get the webinar details? They had webinar access at the time and I assumed that I could still retrieve past data.

Hey @jeffatpresence,

Thank you for your question. While the historical data will be retained, you can only call the API successfully if the user that is calling the API currently has a webinar license applied. You can check if a user has a Webinar license using the feature.webinar property returned by the Get User Settings API.

You can also apply a webinar license to a user with the API but I understand that this may not be something you want to do on another account.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.