WebSDK CORS Error using demo

Description
Hello, i just downloades webapp example from: https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web but i had a problem to join a meeting.

Error
Got this cors error

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Download resources from github
  2. npm install
  3. update key and secret
  4. npm run start
  5. web loaded succesfully
  6. entered name and meeting number

Screenshots

Web Browsers (please complete the following information):

• Versión 80.0.3987.149 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
  • Microsoft edge

Hey @edgarrt, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Are you able to join the meeting regardless of that warning log?

Please send a screenshot of any Web SDK popup errors.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello tommy,
i got this error:

I not able to join the meeting, btw the meeting id exists.

using this sdk i will be able to build my own website with video calls? or i have to embed any zoom frame?

Hey @edgarrt, thanks for the info.

Also make sure you are using a JWT App Type for the credentials.

Correct, you will be able to have Zoom meetings in your website with the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy, thanks for answering.
Using key and secret jwt type works, i got cors error but i could join meeting room. Yesterday i tried to join using key and secret sdk type.
What is the differences and in which cases uses one or another? I thought that when using the sdk i should use sdk type credentials

1 Like

Hi @edgarrt,

At a high level. the WebSDK is a little different from the other SDKs, since it uses our backend API. Since it uses our backend API, we need to use the API Key secret instead of the SDK Key secret.

Hope this helps

Thanks

1 Like

Thax Michael,
what is the maximum resolution of the video for webSDK? using a pro account, could it get better?

Hey @edgarrt,

Currently the max resolution as stated in our docs is 360p.

“Currently, the Zoom Web SDK encodes at a maximum resolution of 360p. If a user is in a meeting with both native and browser clients, the browser client video displayed within the native client will be of lower quality due to encoding limitations.”

Thanks,
Tommy