Joining Fail with Error Code 1

Joining Fail as follows, followed the steps given at url https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/Web-Client-SDK/getting-started/integrate-the-sdk & getting following thing

{method: “join”, status: false, errorCode: 1, errorMessage: “The account don’t enable API.”, result: null}

Have zoom account as Basic, JWT created, & using api key & secret in index.js file.

Hi @abdulumar.khan,

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Community.

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Developer Support.

Please make sure that within your Zoom portal under Role management -> Role Settings -> Zoom for Developers are selected and have that members for your account have that as a role.

Role Management

Zoom For Developers

Also, you need to make sure that you have an account with Pro or an above plan or a Free Trial.

Our Free trials are handled by the ISV team. You can contact them at isv@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Ojus

Hi @Ojus,

I am getting the same error with a Pro account. Is it possible that it takes some time for changes to propagate?

Thanks,
Sam

Hey @consultaredev, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Can you please provide the error message in the browser console?

Also make sure you are trying to join a valid meeting id.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Thanks! I realized that using a “random” meeting ID may be the issue, but I also tried joining a meeting that I created through zoom.us… I still may be needing to create a meeting through the API, which may need to be done server side?

I am getting this error

Thanks,
Sam

Hey @consultaredev,

You should be able to create the meeting on the Zoom Web Portal or the API.

Are you using JWT App Type credentials for the Api key and secret?

Also if you could share your code, I can help debug further.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Switched to using JWT Credentials and implemented this line:

ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib('https://dmogdx0jrul3u.cloudfront.net/1.4.2/lib', '/av')

Success!!

Thanks,
Sam

1 Like

Hey @consultaredev,

Happy to hear it’s working now! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy