What is the maximum length of various properties in Meeting Rooms, Meetings, Participants, etc?

What is the maximum length of various properties in the APIs, like, RoomId, MeetingId, Room Name, ParticipantId, Room email, etc. Is there a documentation for that?

Hi @amanchan ,

Thanks for posting on the Dev Forum! Could you please share which API documentation you’re referencing? It usually includes character length and type. For example, in our Create a Meeting POST request endpoint for the “password” field, there’s a description of the character conditions:

These descriptions can be seen in the “schema” sections of our API endpoints.

Best,
Gianni

I am referring to Reference Documentation of Dashboard APIs. For example,

GET /metrics/meetings

Here, output json has meetings fields like topic, id, uuid, host, etc. These are defined as strings but does not mention the max allowed length of each field. Which documentation has that?

Hi @amanchan,

Thanks for clarifying. Can you please send the links/screenshots of what you are directly referencing so I can better assist you?

Thank you!

Hi @gianni.zoom ,

Schema of meetings in
List meetings - Dashboards - Zoom API - API Reference - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference

QoS Schema in
Get meeting participant QoS - Dashboards - Zoom API - API Reference - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference

Zoom Room Details Schema in
Get Zoom Rooms details - Dashboards - Zoom API - API Reference - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference

Anil

Hey @amanchan,

We only list the Max Length of values that you would input. For instance, the Create a User API:

You should be able to expand the validations section on the right hand side to see that. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM,
Is there a way to get Max length for other values like room_id, which is generated in Zoom, while creating a room?

Hey @amanchan,

We don’t publish specifications on the length of those properties but my understanding is that the room_id matches the user_id of the user that’s created for the room which would mean it’s a 22 character string.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.