What kind of metrics are/will be available for Sessions?

I gather that Sessions are completely different than Meetings that the various Client SDKs use. What kind of metrics are available for Sessions? I’m specifically interested in equivalents for these endpoints:

• /metrics/meetings
  • /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants
  • /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants/qos
  • /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants/sharing
  • /rooms

Thanks for your help!

Hey @abiyani,

Good question. Yes, since Sessions are not Zoom meetings, the Zoom meeting APIs will not work with them.

Basically since you have complete control of the video and audio streams, and will need to build your own frontend, you will have to also build metrics on your side. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Ah okay, thanks for the answer!

1 Like

Hey @abiyani,

You are welcome! Let us know if you need anything else. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

I understand we are on our own when it comes to most metrics, but there’s not a single API call to get high-level information such as LIST /meetings ?

That would make it impossible to confirm our code is working properly in some cases, would it not?

For example when getting started with Agora, I used their API to check basic things such as:

• Question: “Does my code successfully disconnect the user from the Zoom session, therefore I’m no longer consuming usage minutes?”
  • Endpoint: GET https://api.agora.io/dev/v1/channel/<channel_id>
  • Evaluation: If the channel (or “topic” in Zoom speak) isn’t listed in the response, all is well. Otherwise, my code is not working / the user is still connected.

Without basic endpoints like these, there is no way for us to know with 100% certainty we are not using Zoom resources (and therefore our own resources, once the bill comes around :moneybag:)

1 Like

Hey @cscav ,

Thank you for sharing these feature requests, and I agree that they would be great for the Video SDK! :slight_smile:

Would you mind adding them here: #feature-requests

Here is one you can follow related to Video SDK billing API endpoints: Billing API Access for Video SDK accounts

-Tommy

1 Like