What setting do I have to pass to the API to say that this meeting is a "large meeting" and not a normal "meeting"?

Hi Sir,
I’m using a external APP with Zoom Api. I’ve a very big meeting next week where I will be hosting nearby 200 people. I saw that there is the option for a “Large Meeting”(which is indicated as an additional functionality that allows a maximum of 1000 participant). My question is: “are the API documentation the same for large meetings?” If yes, what setting do I have to declare to the API to say that this meeting is a “large meeting” and not a normal “meeting”?

It’s very urgent.

Waiting for your kind reply, I greet you cordially.

Harpreet Singh

Hi @harpreet_singh01

In order to achieve that, the first thing to do is to make sure that the user creating the meeting is type: Licensed.

After that, the way to go is making a PATCH request to Update user Settings and make sure that in your request body, you have large_meeting set to true and large_meeting_capacity to either 500 or 1000.

Once thats done the user will be able to create large meetings.
I hope this helps
Elisa

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I want to ask you an another information. Before I create the large meeting I have to buy the Large Meeting option, then update the user setting with these two parameters "large_meeting” set to true and “large_meeting_capacity” set to 1000, right?
Then once I have set this parameters with a PATCH request to Update user Settings, every meeting which will be generated after that will be created as Large Meting?
When I will be creating meetings with the POST request to “Create a meeting”, have I to specify any other specific parameters to my API request to declare that this is a large meeting or it will be created as “Large Meeting” accessible to 1000 people by itself?
Waiting for your kind reply, I greet you cordially.

Hi,
Can please someone reply me?
It’s very urgent.
I hope that I’ll receive a reply as soon as possible.
Thank you

Hi @harpreet_singh01

Sorry for the late response!

Before I create the large meeting I have to buy the Large Meeting option, then update the user setting with these two parameters "large_meeting” set to true and “large_meeting_capacity” set to 1000, right?

Yes, you have to set those 2 parameters (true and 1000)

Once you have done this, the meetings that you create through the user that has those specifics parameters on their account, will be able to host up until 1000 people.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.