"meeting_capacity" with large meeting add-on

The REST API provides info about user features in this section: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/usersettings
It responds with the following fields in its “feature” section:
“meeting_capacity”
“large_meeting_capacity”
As I understand “large_meeting_capacity” specify add-on info about capacity. The question is what will be the value of “meeting_capacity”, in account has large meetings add-on enabled?

0 Likes

Hi Oleg_Anikin,

If “large_meeting” is set to true, then the “meeting_capacity” parameter will be ignored. Therefore, you can either set “meeting_capacity” to the same value you used for “large_meeting_capacity” or remove the parameter entirely.

Thanks
Stefan

0 Likes

Hi @stefan.francisco,

Thanks for reply, but my question relates to information we get from zoom REST API about “meeting_capacity”, when user have “large meeting” add-on.
In which field information with actual meeting capacity will be?

0 Likes

Hi @Oleg_Anikin,

When using the Retrieve User Settings API call, it will return both “meeting_capacity” and “large_meeting_capacity” values. Both of these values will be equal if “large_meeting” is true.

"feature": {
    "meeting_capacity": 200,
    "large_meeting": true,
    "large_meeting_capacity": 200,
    "webinar": true,
    "webinar_capacity": 500,
    "cn_meeting": false,
    "in_meeting": false
}

EDIT: To answer your question, you can use either value. In my opinion, I suggest to use “meeting_capacity” each time so you do not have to check the condition if “large_meeting” is true.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, @stefan.francisco

0 Likes