What type of tests can I do with the test OAuth

I am in the process of creating a OAuth app. The main purpose of the app is to be able to gather user’s information to be able to create an embedded Zoom component on my web app that will join their meeting, as well as knowing when they go live. Currently, the app is about to go on review phase, but before that, what type of testing can I do? Can I collect a user’s info to get a token, and then use that to get their data to use for the embedded Zoom? Currently, I just want to check with at least one user.

@rmjuarez12,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer forum – I am happy to help. First, it is important to note our APIs are used for pre and post-meeting operations only. The Zoom API is available to all Pro, Business, and Enterprise accounts at no additional cost. Registering and activating any Basic Zoom account will automatically provide free-trial Developer access to the Zoom API and SDKs. You can use that free-trial period to test Zoom services and SDK functionality. For more information about getting started with our API and Client SDKs, you may visit our help documentation below:

1. Developer Accounts

2. API documentation

3. SDK documentation

To create and start a meeting, there would need to be a little bit of api work to create the meeting and generate a start_url and join_url. Here are some APIs which you can consider using within your application:

Create Meetings: To create a meeting

List Meetings: To Display the schedule Meetings

Retrieve Meeting: To get a specific meeting

Once the meeting is created you can send the “start_url” to the hosts and “join_url” to the participants.

To get a list of past meeting participants, please use: Zoom Meeting API

To display live meetings you can use the meeting has started webhook: Zoom API Events - Meeting

To get real-time participant events, please use:

Zoom API Events - Meeting and

You can find our webhook meeting events here: Using webhooks

To find a list of all our APIs, please visit: Introduction to Zoom API

We also have a Web SDK that you can consider integrating into your website: Zoom Meeting Web SDK

Thank you so much for your response. So, if I understand correctly, in order to use OAuth, and the Web SDK to embed Zoom on the website, I will need to get a membership? The main use I want for my app is:

• Find a way to collect a User’s information(Meeting ID(s), Meeting Passcode, ZAK token)
  • Use the information of a User to embed a component on my site via Web SDK on a React app
  • The component will allow users to join the host’s meeting via the web app

That is what I Am trying to achieve. I am able to do it, if I have a user manually input their PMI settings(PMI and PMI passcode), as well as using JWT. However, since JWT will be deprecated next year, I want to already transition. Plus, the workflow of using OAuth seems to be a lot better, since the user does not need to get any data, they just need to authorize us. So, my questions are:

• Do I need to get a membership to be able to use OAuth and Web SDK?
  • Is there a way I could use a way to test the OAuth integration with other accounts other than just mines?

@rmjuarez12

Registering and activating any Basic Zoom account will automatically provide free-trial Developer access to the Zoom API and SDKs. You can use that free-trial period to test Zoom services and SDK functionality.

Yes, while the development phase you can share your app to test integration. Here is our support documentation on that.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/sharing-private-apps/

Hmm is it possible to select a few accounts to test it on? So basically, can I manually add an account, so that I can test an account outside of mine? I ask this because, since I need to work on the TDD first for the private URL, I would like to have a way to test some functions beforehand.

@rmjuarez12,

Currently, there is no way to manually add an account to test an account outside of yours. To accomplish your goal, you would use the Publishable URL to direct users on your account to install your app:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.