When create a user via API, does not get a PMI value

When i create a user via API, the PMI value get a “0” value and i can’t shedule a meeting via API:

{
“account_id”: “mone2xwdQ9G4xl3Ziayrrw”,
“cms_user_id”: “”,
“company”: “Cloud”,
“created_at”: “2020-11-10T14:51:59Z”,
“dept”: “engineering”,
“email”: “127913@urosario.edu.co”,
“first_name”: “2020-2E_75410016_Grp 3_GESTION INTEGRAL DE HSEQ Y SOSTENIBILIDAD”,
“group_ids”: [
“WdHJZ6dKS-6c_W5vaENvFQ”
],
“host_key”: “930967”,
“id”: “oevBKJf1Rxapvh6A68mS2g”,
“im_group_ids”: ,
“jid”: “oevbkjf1rxapvh6a68ms2g@xmpp.zoom.us”,
“job_title”: “”,
“language”: “”,
“last_name”: “_GESTION INTEGRAL DE HSEQ Y SOSTENIBILIDA. GPCI-4-PEI-710D”,
“location”: “”,
“personal_meeting_url”: “”,
“phone_country”: “”,
“phone_number”: “”,
“pmi”: 0,
“role_name”: “Member”,
“status”: “active”,
“timezone”: “”,
“type”: 1,
“use_pmi”: true,
“verified”: 1
}

Hey @juliancp,

Can you share the full request you’re using to create the user via API, for which you’re getting this response?

Thanks!
Will

Hi Will. i use the “create user code” generated in the API web page:

import http.client

conn = http.client.HTTPSConnection("[api.zoom.us](http://api.zoom.us)")

payload = "{\"action\":\"create\",\"user_info\":{\"email\":\"[dhjdfkghdskjf@fgkjfdlgjfkd.gh](mailto:dhjdfkghdskjf@fgkjfdlgjfkd.gh)\",\"type\":1,\"first_name\":\"Terry\",\"last_name\":\"Jones\"}}"

headers = {
    'content-type': "application/json",
    'authorization': "Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhdWQiOm51bGwsImlzcyI6Ijd2UmxEWWVVUmRlSlV3alh1S05jLWciLCJleHAiOjE2MjcwMDA4NjAsImlhdCI6MTU5NTQ1OTUxN30.jyTDY9kIdr5ZuLwzxBKbV0s0iPlDNtU1VGVJa6ATqxo"
    }

conn.request("POST", "/v2/users", payload, headers)

res = conn.getresponse()
data = res.read()

print(data.decode("utf-8"))

One thing, only after i have created the user, and enter to that user via web page, it seems automatically assign a PMI value, before that, i am able to create the user, but the PMI value is always “0”.

Hey @juliancp,

If you do a GET User request for the same user after creating them, are you still seeing the ‘0’ value for PMI? Also, the example request you shared seems to be different—do you have the payload that matches up with your first request?

Thanks,
Will

Hey Will, that is correct, the process is:

1. Create the user via api (Succsesfully)
  2. after, when I Get a user i see the PMI value in 0
  3. To solve this I have to click user by user, in the zoom web page admin, and suddendly, after I click each user a PMI value is associatted.

The problem is that i need to create about 6000 users, so i can’t enter user by user to get the PMI value associated.

Hi @juliancp,

Thank you for sharing these details.

To clarify, are the users you’re creating/testing with clicking on the account verification link in the auto-generated email before you’re making this GET request to retrieve their details?

Until the user is verified, you will receive placeholder information in the API response. Can you please let me know if you still see the issue after the user has verified?

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will, happens that actually I am creating about 6000 users but they are not really people, this users are associated to subjects in the university like, Anatomy, Statistics, Algebra, etc. That’s the reason nobody enter to the account, we just need the Join URL (PMI value). But when i create this “users” the PMI value is always “0”. I have notice that when I enter to the account suddenly it is assigned a PMI value, but as I said before nobody enters to this accounts.

Hi @juliancp,

I see—thanks for clarifying. I should note that the create action you’re using in your request to generate these users is intended for users who will be able to actually login and verify their account. So the behavior you’re experiencing right after creation is expected:

For your specific use case, given the number of users and the fact they won’t actually log in, you might consider custCreate. However, note that this requires an additional Zoom plan.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.