When we are joining the meeting by using Zoom Web SDK it is taking the first joined attendee as the host

Description
Here i am the host but the attendee who is joining before me its taking the attendee as the host and taking me as the attendee.

Error
Here is my sample meeting configuration:
apiKey: “XXXXXXXXX”
china: 0
lang: “Eng”
leaveUrl: “https://www.XXXXXXX.com/
meetingNumber: “87996937156”
passWord: “XXXX”
role: 0 // is an attendee
signature: “XXXXXXX”
userEmail: “siva@XXXXXXX.com” // is an attendee
userName: “Siva”

Which version?
using 1.7.9

Screenshots

As per the screen Anju Nair is an attendee but joined the meeting before host so Anju Nair became the Host

Hey @siva

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Thank you…

No its not similar to that…

When we enable “Join before host” attendees are able to join before host, but the issue is, the attendee who joined first is becoming the host.

Hey @siva,

If the join before host feature is turned on, the first participant will join the meeting as the temporary host, but once the host joins with role 1 in the signature, they will be the host.

Thanks,
Tommy

There is some issue with the signature… but the issue solved… Thank you

Hey @siva,

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.