Meetings Created on behalf of other using schedule_for can be hosted/started by anyone

i am working on web app where i create zoom meetings through API for my app users by first creating their accounts in zoom using custCreate with type Basic then creating meetings on their behalf using schedule_for and passing join_before_host = false, waiting_room = true

the idea is that an owner of a meeting must start and host his/her meeting and the rest of the users within my app could only join that meeting, for that reason i am passing role = 1 for the meeting owner and 0 for the rest of users.

but for some strange reason a random user who is not owner of a meeting can start and host the meeting even though role = 0 is being passed in the meetingConfig section and when the real owner joins he becomes guest.

i checked multiple times all my params are correct and being passed correctly.

i have a pro account and using web sdk 1.7.10

Hey @SyedWaqas,

Can you check to see if you have the join before host setting on?

If you do, users will be able to join the meeting before the host starts / joins it.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy

the setting you mentioned is off on the account level and i am sending it false for the meeting as well but still a guest can start a meeting before the host, i even locked the setting on the account level and created new meetings but still meeting is starting.

no clue why its happening.

Thanks
Regards

Hey @SyedWaqas,

Can you share the Web SDK Signature for a test meeting to developersupport@zoom.us that has this issue so I can debug further?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

actually i found the issue, it was on my end, i was passing the correct role in meetingConfig but always passing 1 while generating the signature, fixing that solve my issue.

Thanks for looking into it.

1 Like

Hey @SyedWaqas,

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.