Where is Join Meeting or Join Webinar API under API

Hi,

I am very new and fresh to the ZOOM world and exploring options to use ZOOM Apis to develop a event hosting system.

I can see Create Meeting/webinar, List meeting/webinar, Get meeting/webinar etc. and all other related APIs mentioned in the API reference documents. But why we don’t see Join Meeting/Webinar API?

Also, I see Join meeting in SDK section as ZoomMtn.Join(). What is the difference between this SDK and API references?

Hey @wasim.qadir20,

There is no join meeting / webinar API because a real person has to join the meeting / webinar. It cannot be done programmatically.

The SDKs are for embedding Zoom meetings / webinars into your app / website. You can control the flow with the join functions.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,
Tommy

I have the same question, but I’ve noticed that joining a meeting can be done with Zoom Rooms client: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/zoom-rooms/zoom-rooms-api

Is it somehow different from regular Zoom, or regular Zoom has this ability now too?

Hey @alexander.zarubkin,

Yes, the Zoom Room APIs are different. You still cannot programmatically join Zoom meetings / webinars.

Thanks,
Tommy

But it’s possible with client URL schemes, so why not with API?

Hey @alexander.zarubkin,

You can use the join_url or start_url from the Create and Get meeting endpoints if you want a real user to join the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy I was mainly looking for a Join API since I want users in my app to join Zoom webinars with the same email address they’re using in my app. Is there an API or some option to accomplish that?

The whole use case is: I have users logging into to the app, and within the app they get a link to join a webinar. I want to know their webinar attendance so I get the attendance reports from Zoom later and log how many app users were attending the zoom webinars.

So that’s why I want to push the email ID as one of the credentials to join the zoom webinar, it’s the primary key between the App and Zoom.

Would appreciate any insight or workarounds if possible. would AddWebinarRegistrant work somehow?

Thanks!

Hi @sul200,

For this use case, I would recommend leveraging registration, as you mentioned.

If you register participants ahead of time, their information (email, display name) will be recorded and passed through their unique registrant join_url which is returned by our registrants endpoints.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Hey @will.zoom

Even I am looking for this join meeting api . I have another use case in regards to the same.
In past we have faced outages from local ISP .where users from specific sites are failing to join zoom meetings and we get to know about it only after they raises a concern. Here in this case we fall into reactive approach.

To address this, we are trying to set up service monitoring at our site offices and plants.
Idea is system will run the code and will join the specific meeting using API at interval of say 1 hour. In case of failure response, alert will be triggered to stakeholders so that corrective actions can be taken before chaos happens.

If we do not have such API, could help with other option how can we be proactive in this case.

Thank you
Sanket Gawankar