Where is Join Meeting or Join Webinar API under API

Hi,

I am very new and fresh to the ZOOM world and exploring options to use ZOOM Apis to develop a event hosting system.

I can see Create Meeting/webinar, List meeting/webinar, Get meeting/webinar etc. and all other related APIs mentioned in the API reference documents. But why we don’t see Join Meeting/Webinar API?

Also, I see Join meeting in SDK section as ZoomMtn.Join(). What is the difference between this SDK and API references?

Hey @wasim.qadir20,

There is no join meeting / webinar API because a real person has to join the meeting / webinar. It cannot be done programmatically.

The SDKs are for embedding Zoom meetings / webinars into your app / website. You can control the flow with the join functions.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,
Tommy

I have the same question, but I’ve noticed that joining a meeting can be done with Zoom Rooms client: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/zoom-rooms/zoom-rooms-api

Is it somehow different from regular Zoom, or regular Zoom has this ability now too?

Hey @alexander.zarubkin,

Yes, the Zoom Room APIs are different. You still cannot programmatically join Zoom meetings / webinars.

Thanks,
Tommy

But it’s possible with client URL schemes, so why not with API?

Hey @alexander.zarubkin,

You can use the join_url or start_url from the Create and Get meeting endpoints if you want a real user to join the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy