Why 'End meeting' doesn't end it actually?

Hi @will.zoom,

Okay, will check. Meanwhile, I have also given my zoom meeting details which I have created through API. Please check this post Meeting ended still status showing as "waiting".

Thank you!!

Regards,
Nikhil Sreenivasan.

Hey @nike28,

Thanks for updating that other thread—I’ve replied to your post there.

In regards to meeting ID expiration, let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Hello @will.zoom,

I have gone through the post which you had given. Can you please explain the below line in short or simple way? Like, is scheduled meeting and non recurring meeting the same?

• A non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date if the meeting is not recorded. You can also restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days and if you restart the meeting, it will remain valid for another 30 days.

Regards,
Nikhil Sreenivasan.

Hi @nike28,

That’s correct—a scheduled meeting (as long it’s not part of a recurring series) would fall into the same category as a non-recurring meeting. These meeting IDs will expire 30 days after the scheduled date.

I hope this helps to clarify,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

I’m having understanding this. Can you give me an example of what exactly is a recurring series? Also, I want to integrate Zoom meeting into our website where Teachers will teach students X course after clicking on “Create Meeting” from her profile so what exactly should I do? I mean, how should I create a scheduled meeting that expires after the teacher ends it from zoom? I’m sorry if I’m making it too complicated but I’m really struggling.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nikhil Sreenivasan.

Hi @nike28,

Can you give me an example of what exactly is a recurring series?

A recurring series is a Zoom meeting that is scheduled to repeat occurrences on a regular cadence.

I want to integrate Zoom meeting into our website where Teachers will teach students X course after clicking on “Create Meeting” from her profile so what exactly should I do? I mean, how should I create a scheduled meeting that expires after the teacher ends it from zoom?

In this instance, if it will be a one time meeting, I would recommend using the Create Meeting API to create a meeting of type 2:

To be clear, you can’t force a meeting to expire—if this meeting isn’t restarted at any point within 30 days after, it will expire.

I hope this helps to clarify!
-Will

Hi @will.zoom,

I had followed the same, but I still haven’t got the exact solution as to why Update Meeting Status or End meeting from Zoom doesn’t show the status as Ended. As, I had informed that I want to show the status on a button accordingly, if the API response showed proper status then it would have been easy to show it, right? Can you provide an alternative or so for the same?

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Nikhil Sreenivasan.

Hey @nike28,

At the moment, I would not recommend using the meeting status to correlate to a frontend action, as the ‘waiting’ status will often take place after certain meeting types, as discussed here.

That said, I think this is some excellent feedback, and I’ll be happy to share this with my team—I can definitely appreciate how some more granular status field values would be helpful in your use case.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hey @will.zoom,

Sure. Thank you so much!!

Regards,
Nikhil Sreenivasan.

Sure thing, @nike28 — thanks for raising this and asking some great questions. I’m sure others will find this thread helpful going forward, too. :100:

Best,
Will

1 Like

im in email with you Will. please answer my email. minokarwan@gmail.com

Hi @karwanmino,

I’ve received your email and will continue the conversation there. Thank you.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Hello Team,

I need to know if I will be creating a zoom meeting from API and then it will be updating status to End from API or from directly from zoom software. But still when I am checking the meeting details from API then its status showing Waiting.

Can you please let me know why its status is not changing?

Hi @mjamal,

Is the meeting in question a recurring meeting? If so, the status of the meeting will go back to waiting after each occurrence.

Thanks,
Will

Hello Will,

The meeting which I used was the “Scheduled meeting” and after updating meeting status it is showing Waiting in API response.

Hi @mjamal,

Can you share the meeting ID so that I can take a closer look?

Thanks!
Will

Hello Will,

Meeting id is 92509201111.

Hi @mjamal,

Thank you for sharing this.

I can confirm that the waiting status returned by the GET Meeting endpoint would be expected for this meeting. This is a scheduled meeting, which will show waiting until the meeting has expired.

A scheduled, or non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date if the meeting is not recorded. You can also restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days and if you restart the meeting, it will remain valid for another 30 days.

Since this meeting was held as recently as 2/19, it’s ID is not expired, and the status will show waiting.

I hope this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

Thank you @will.zoom for your clarification.

Please provide more feedback on below points.

1. Can we end / expire the meeting before 30 days for any scheduled or non-recurring meeting so that users can’t be access the meeting after the scheduled date and time?

2. Can the recorded meeting will be end / expire once the meeting has been finished or it is also having some days interval for expiration / ending of a meeting?

3. How can we stop the attendees to join the meeting after meeting date and time like if any meeting is scheduled for 1 hours and is on 02/27/2021 at 10 AM then users only can join the meeting before 02/27/2021 at 10.59 AM and not after 11 AM?

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi @mjamal,

Good questions—happy to clarify!

Can we end / expire the meeting before 30 days for any scheduled or non-recurring meeting so that users can’t be access the meeting after the scheduled date and time?

Unfortunately no, you would need to delete the meeting altogether. If you don’t wish for meetings to remain active after they’re hosted, you might consider using instant meetings—these expire shortly after they’re held.

Can the recorded meeting will be end / expire once the meeting has been finished or it is also having some days interval for expiration / ending of a meeting?

The recording of a meeting (Cloud Recording) will not expire when the meeting expires. The recording will remain accessible even after a meeting is expired or deleted.

How can we stop the attendees to join the meeting after meeting date and time like if any meeting is scheduled for 1 hours and is on 02/27/2021 at 10 AM then users only can join the meeting before 02/27/2021 at 10.59 AM and not after 11 AM?

You might consider deleting the meeting—this would invalidate the join urls.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Will