WindowsSDK NormalVideoRender limited to 35 videos

Description
When we have more than 35 users connected to our application, we can only see the video of the first 35. We cannot see the rest of the users, neither the video nor the name in the case of not having the camera turned on. Instead, a dark gray background appears with the same color as when the user has not turned on the camera (#222222)

We have tried to re-subscribe users to the NormalVideoRender, and we have also tried to change the sizes with no luck.

Only if we unsuscribe a user from a NormalVideoRender, another one that has been previously suscribed can be shown.

Is it possible that it is some kind of setting that we have overlooked?

Many thanks in advance.

Which Fully Customizable Desktop SDK version?

• v5.2.42037.1112 (This version has the limitation)
  • v4.6.21666.0428 (This one doesn’t, and works properly)
  • C# Wrapper

Screenshots

The red arrows show where the video of the participants should be shown.
Users connected to the application via the standard Zoom client can see all 47 videos (or names).

Device:

• Device: MSI - Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
  • RAM: 32GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Hey @Gestmusic,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you actually using the Zoom Client SDK and a custom meeting ui? If so, does the function Enable49VideoesInGallaryView effect the behavior at all?

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon ,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using several INormalVideoRenderElements to display the first 101 participants on a single screen, from a meeting of 200 participants.

Using version v4.6.21666.0428 we could see all 101 participants, but on December 31st we jumped to version v5.2.42037.1112 and only the first 35 could be shown.

If we use Enable49VideoesInGallaryView we will only be able to see 49 participants on a single screen and not 101?

Thanks!
Gestmusic

Hey @Gestmusic,

Just a heads up, I moved this topic into the client sdk category.
Hmm, this is strange. Would you be able to capture the SDK logs after an instance of this issue happening and email them to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us so the team can investigate? Please mention my name and I link to this post.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Gestmusic,

After discussing with the engineers, they informed me that the SDK will only support 34 + 1 local user video at a time. This behavior is by design.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @michael_condon,

Thanks for the reply.
We will continue looking for a solution.

Gestmusic

Hey @Gestmusic,

You are welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.