Xcframework does not contain arm64

I am elated to see xcframework being used! Thank you for that!

I am building and running in simulator on a M1 Mac. I get the following warning on build.

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/*/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/*/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MobileRTC.framework/MobileRTC, missing required architecture arm64 in file /Users/*/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/*/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MobileRTC.framework/MobileRTC (2 slices)

It works fine building for device.

Any advice?

Hey @lucas,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I only have a pre-M1 mac that has been able to run the simulator. So I am suspecting that this may be related to the new M1 chips. What Xcode version are you using?

Thanks!
Michael

I am using Xcode 12.4

Hey Lucas,

Gotcha, lemme double-check with the engineers about this one.

Thanks!
Michael

Any news? This was the main reason for xcframework.

Hey @lucas,

I still have not heard news about this yet.

Thanks!
Michael

@lucas I have resolved this issue by adding the MobileRTC.framework in Exclude Architecture > Debug > Any iOS Simulator SDK > (you will add the path of where you have placed the MobileRTC.framework)

1 Like

@usman.awan I don’t think we are working toward the same end. Why would I want to exclude it?

@Michael_Condon To add to info on this. I noticed lipo does report arm64 in the fat ios-armv7_arm64, so I am not sure why Xcode doesn’t like it. Tho I will point out, I do not understand why you put 2 fats in there instead of 4 thins.

@lucas You are probably right. The reason for excluding the MobileRTC.framework is because on M1 mac the simulator runs on the native arm and as of now MobileRTC.framework is not currently supported M1 arm.

cc: @Michael_Condon

Hey @lucas,

I believe this is just because it was a smaller degree of change as they already had the 2 fats created. Not to say that 2 fats was the right way to go.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.