You cannot start the meeting because it is hosted by another user zoom

Hey @sunny2,

Yes, the start_url of a meeting / webinar is a URL using which a host or an alternative host can start a meeting. The expiration time for the start_url field is two hours for all regular users.

For users created using the custCreate option via the Create Users API, the expiration time of the start_url field is 90 days.

For security reasons, the recommended way to retrieve the updated value for the start_url field programmatically (after expiry) is by calling the Retrieve a Webinar API and referring to the value of the start_url field in the response.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi there,
Today I’m also facing same problem.

Everything works fine till yesterday but today this message appears.
Not found any solution.

Please help me to solve this issue
Thanks.

1 Like

I have same error some times. Seems like it depend on how long has url created with special API Account (90 days)

Me, too. Twice in a row now. Failed meeting is 847 5053 2427.
Started the meeting as myself (creator of the meeting) and got:

" You cannot start the meeting(847 5053 2427) because it is hosted by another user"

Same to me
“You cannot start the meeting(838 5623 8898) because it is hosted by another user”

And it was a link obtained through API two days ago

My emergency solution: I entered as participant (join_url) and assumed presentation through the “host key”, At least, I could present, but the presenter url (start_url) was useless

Thanks

I have found the solution… It happens when the start_url token was expired.

Normally it wil be expire in 2 hours if you want to fix this… Please create a user with API than the token will expire in 90 days after creation of start_url.

Please use this link to create users

{
“action”: “custCreate”, // use this action
“user_info”: {
“email”: “abc@gmail.com”,
“type”: 2,
“first_name”: “Hello”,
“last_name”: “World”
}
}

Hopefully this will helps you.

1 Like

My accounts is “custCreate” and this is not help

This was help me and this issue was solved on my side.

Which plan you have buy on zoom?

I have Business plan. Have you test it on long period? More than one day or two.

In short period start_url worked correct but sometimes some url crashed, often it happen when url live is more than 2 day.

same plan here. and also a same issue and I was solved this by using custCreate API

Almost on tuesday I was solved this…

Now your account have icon named “API” right after created like “CustCreated”?

Yes, There is a icon named API

Please tell me one thing if you know How I can redirect a user from zoom on my website after zoom meeting end.

Yea, we did it long time ago, month ago or more, but problem not solved.
Can you create start_url and click her after 2 days left if you have case like this in you proccess.

Depending on how your implementation looks

Yes I have test this case bcz From my admin panel Admin can schedule a class of coming month.

yea, you can shedule and you will recieve start_url, but url can stop work if you plan click it after long period.

Start_url will stop work after 90 days. You need to renew the zak token because zak token will be expire after 90 days.