You cannot start your video because the host has stopped it

Description
You cannot start your video because the host has stopped it.

Browser Console Error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
The code snippets that are causing the error / issue so we can reproduce.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join Web
  2. Click on start video
  3. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Lenovo laptop
  • Browser: Chrome 95.0.4638.69

Additional context
please advise which setting resulted this?
we have tested some meetings are able to start video successful.

Hey @aaronxu33,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Are you doing anything in the meeting prior to seeing this message or do you join a meeting and attempt to start the video and immediately see that message?

As a first step, I would try testing with the latest version of the Sample Web App (2.0.1) and follow our guide on Improving Web SDK Performance to make sure the browser is using the latest APIs.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hello Max,

It is happening when user attempt to start the video and immediately see that message.

we found a way to allow attendees to start video:
join as host from other client like WIN, and enable Security setting->enable video, then the attendees are able to start video.

if the setting be able to set when create meeting , as some meetings are join before host.

Hey @aaronxu33,

Thank you for following up on this. It sounds like participants sharing video in a meeting may be disabled by default. Please make sure that when creating the meeting, you are enabling this setting for the host and participants:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,
Not the setting of create meeting.

it is the setting on security ->allow participants to → start video (host role).
May I know if we can set it to ‘true’ as default or is there a way to set via API.

@MaxM can you look into this setting

Hey @aaronxu33,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When it comes to using the Create a Meeting API you can use the settings.participant_video property to enable video for participants by default:

However, we don’t have an SDK function to control this.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.