Zmmtg-root always on display

Description
Is there a way to keep the zmmtg-root div appended from being always displayed other than a document.getElementById('zmmtg-root').style.display = 'none'
? Also why is it displayed when I didn’t even initialized Zoom yet??

Error
zmmtg-root div is always displayed the moment Zoom is imported despite not initializing it.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: PC
  • Version: 10
  • Browser: Any

Additional context
Using react library

Hey @kevin3,

Happy to help! Currently how the Web SDK works, it appends that div once the Web SDK is imported.

To get around this, you could host the Web SDK on a seperate Sub Domain or Path outside of your React project, and then navigate to it once you want to show the Web SDK.

We are working on improving this in a future release. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Wait so the SDK is meant to take the whole page? I thought I could integrate it as one of the component on a page

Hey @kevin3,

Correct. If you would like to customize the whole entire experience, you can use our new Fully Customizable SDK:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Ok thank you I’ll have a look

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

-Tommy

Hey @tommy,

I’m struggling for two days with the same issue of embedding zoom into our app. I want to have a zoom call with some additional info from my university project on the right side of the page (Sounds simple right?). But it’s impossible to do with WebSDK, and fully customizable sdk is not currently available for everyone. I have applied three times still no reply and I’m doubt that someone will ever answer. My university project deadline is the end of this week, and integration with the zoom is the last task that I need to do.
So just to clarify, currently there’s no proper solution for embedding zoom to the web page and displaying a my own content simultaneously?

Thanks,
Nikita

Hey @rsredsq,

Unfortunately there is no built in way to do this with the Web SDK. The Web SDK was designed to take up the whole web page. You can try to adjust the sizing with CSS if you would like.

For the Fully Customizable SDK response times, checkout this thread:

Correct. We are working to make the Web SDK more flexible in the future, but until then you have to override the default styles with your own CSS to size it how you want.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.