Zoom API Create Meeting API Rate Limit - Sample error when breaching limit

The API doc for Create Meeting says the API has a daily rate limit of 100 requests per day.

I would like to know what the error looks like when this limit has been exceeded.

According to the error definitions I should expect to see a 429 status code. For the per-second limit the message is “You have reached the maximum per-second rate limit for this API. Try again later.”… what would it be in the daily limit case?

Thanks
Oren

Hi @oren.sivan,

That’s correct that you’ll get a 429 error message when you exceed 100 meeting API calls. The full error message response is below:

{
    "code": 429,
    "message": "You have exceeded the daily rate limit (100) of Meeting Create/Update API requests permitted for this particular user. You may resume these requests at GMT 00:00:00."
}

Thank you @michael.zoom!

Sure! Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you @michael.zoom! I just had a follow-up question: Will the resume time always be GMT 00:00:00?

Because the document. here : https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/rate-limits#best-practices-for-handling-errors

Example Response Header:

X-RateLimit-Category: Heavy
X-RateLimit-Type: Daily-limit
X-RateLimit-Limit: 30000
X-RateLimit-Remaining: 0
Retry-After: 2020-05-31T00:00:00Z

But I see a different output.

Here is what I see :

"statusCode": 429,
  "body": {
    "code": 429,
    "message": "You have exceeded the daily rate limit (100) of Meeting Create/Update API requests permitted for this particular user. You may resume these requests at GMT 00:00:00."
  },

"headers": {
 "x-ratelimit-category": "Light",
"x-ratelimit-limit": "6000",
"x-ratelimit-remaining": "5893"
}

What does the above output mean? It says daily limit has been hit but I don’t see the x-ratelimit-type or retry_after being set ?

Hey @jitenshah,

We will confirm if the docs are accurate, CC @shrijana.g.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy @jitenshah Please see my response here: Differentiation of 429 errors

It will be resolved in a future release.

Thanks,
Shrijana

2 Likes

thank you @shrijana.g : just a note there are 2 fields : x-ratelimit-type and retry_after

1 Like

Thanks @jitenshah! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like