Zoom API Endpoint for EU

I am reaching out to inquire about an issue I encountered while using the Zoom API, specifically in relation to GDPR compliance. We had previously been utilizing the eu01api-www4local.zoom.us endpoint, which we understood to be GDPR compliant. However, we recently experienced an error while using this endpoint.

Our application currently uses the following authentication endpoint: Error - Zoom. However, we are uncertain about the appropriate API endpoint to use since the information about EU endpoint seems to be disappeared in the documents. Should we use a common endpoint as the API endpoint instead?

2 Likes

I would like to provide a follow-up on our test results. During our testing, we encountered the following outcomes:

When we made a request to https://eu01api-www4local.zoom.us/{user_id}/meetings, we received the following response: {“code”: 124, “message”: "Invalid access token.”}.

On the other hand, when we made a request to https://api.zoom.us/{user_id}/meetings, we received a successful response.

These findings suggest that there may be an issue when using the eu01api-www4local.zoom.us endpoint, while the api.zoom.us endpoint appears to be functioning correctly.

Hi @SHARP_Synappx
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community.
I am not familiar with the issue you are describing.
Please allow me some time to ask internally about this and to understand this issue better.
In the meantime could you provide me with the name of the App that you are using to make these API calls, is this an Oauth app? or what app type are you working with?
Thanks a lot,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Our app for EU is “Synappx Go EU”: App Marketplace
That is an OAuth type app.

Regards,
Kazuo Makijima

Hi @elisa.zoom ,

How is the status on this issue?
Please reply as soon as possible because our EU production release is coming.

Regards,
Kazuo Makijima

Hi @SHARP_Synappx
Sorry for the late reply here.
I found a related issue in the forum here:
Create meetings with european endpoint returns "Unauthorised"

could you please try to make a call to our regular endpoint and update me if this works on your end?
Cheers,
Elisa

Thank you, @elisa.zoom.
I read and understood the post which you show.
I have one question.

We release our application for EU but it uses regular endpoint of Zoom API even though our users belong to EU cluster.
Is there any problems specifically in terms of GDPR?

Thanks @SHARP_Synappx
I am looking into this issue.
Will come back with an update shortly

Hi @elisa.zoom ,

How is the status on our question?

Hi @SHARP_Synappx
Sorry for the late reply here.
As I was looking into this issue, I had a chat with our Engineering team and this issue that you are seeing when using the endpoint eu01api-www4local.zoom.us could be due to an issue with your token.
I will go ahead and send you a private message so you can share more information with me so I can follow up with Engineering team
Cheers,
Elisa