Zoom API to get the countdown

Hi,
I am developing a website and need a “COUNTDOWN TO SHOW IN THE HOMEPAGE”. What is the best API to use for that?

For example “If I have 10 different events I wants to know the latest event and also give a countdown for it” - What is the best API to use for that?

Hey @thomasprem95,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you want a countdown to your next meeting, you can use the start_time property that is returned from the Get a Meeting API:

You can then create a countdown from the current time until the start_time.

Thanks,
Max

Will Get a Meetings API return all the Meetings created? Can you please show me an example to use the API and in some of your APIs I find “userID” - Where do I find that?

Hi @thomasprem95,

If you want to list all of your created meetings for a user, you can leverage our list meetings API :

To test, at the bottom of the screen you will find a Send a Test Request, which can use to generate an example request. I’ve included a screenshot of our tool below for your reference:

Additionally, to get a user’s id you can use our Get a User API.

Best,
Donte

Whenever I give a Client ID and Client Secret it goes to a page which says “Invalid redirect: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/oauth/callback/success (4,700)”…SO can you please help me how to get that correct…My zoom email id is [REDACTED]…I need to list all the meeting before that I need to get the userId…

Hey @thomasprem95,

Please make sure that you are following our guide on setting and whitelisting a redirect URL. Also, ensure that the redirect URL that you’re using is for your app so that you complete the OAuth flow.

More information can be found in our guide:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

So I just need to show a Countdown of my latest meeting in this website home page https://wordpress-511310-1708141.cloudwaysapps.com/media/..So I will use the meeting api to get the meeting but how to view all the meeting…What should be the redirect URL be? And I am planning to do it in PHP(Wordpress)…Please give me some example

Hey @thomasprem95,

If you want to see all the meetings that you’ve scheduled, you can use the List Meetings API. When it comes to starting or joining a meeting, you can use the start_url.

What redirect URL are you referring to? Do you mean the OAuth Redirect URL? If so, this should be a URL that your app handles so that you are able to receive the code and complete the OAuth flow.

We don’t have an example of creating a countdown or any other PHP examples that would be helpful here. However, this example on consuming REST APIs with PHP might be helpful:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.