Zoom app gets kicked into the background when admitting participants from waiting room

Description
Hi, I am new to android development. I am using Zoom SDK to build on top of my project. For some reason when I try to admit a participant from waiting room enabled meeting, as soon as I press admit, the zoom app on my android device gets kicked onto the background(which means my android device gets to its home screen), the meeting keeps running in the background but there is no way for me to get back to the zoom app. So I was wondering, if there is any specific event that happens from Zoom SDK side when we press admit to admit any participant in the meeting, so that I can catch the event and handle it properly. I see even in the waiting room enabled meeting the MeetingJoined event happens even before admitting the participant.

Which version?
Using the lates sdk

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. iPhone6]
  • Version [e.g. 22]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @jasmineakkal0316,

Thanks for the post and pardon the late response. When a participant is being admitted by the host, the participant will leave the waiting room and rejoin the meeting, this is by design. If your app goes to the home page when the meeting activity has finished, it could be your app’s activity is finished as well. You may leverage the interface returnToMeeting to go back to the meeting UI or you could leverage the meeting notification.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for the reply. I forgot the provide the interface link, my bad. Here is the link to the interface MeetingService.returnToMeeting(Context)(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingService.html#returnToMeeting-android.content.Context-)

And here are the usage of this interface in our demo apps:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @jasmineakkal0316,

Thanks for the reply. Are you using Custom UI? If so, you will need to add the full class name of the meeting UI in the config.xml(For example:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/src/main/res/values/config.xml#L11), if the meeting UI class is not found, then the interface returnToMeeting will not work.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @jasmineakkal0316,

Thanks for the reply. Are you getting the issue you are mentioning with our Android SDK demo app or in your own app that integrates the SDK? Are you seeing the same issues with our demo app? If so, could you provide the steps to reproduce this with our demo app? (https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android). If you are using MyMeetingActivity, then it means you are using Custom UI. We will need to reproduce this on our side since the behavior you are mentioning is unexpected.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Its in the zoom’s SDK, I am using that to build on top of. When i try to admit a participant in a waiting room enabled meeting, the meeting goes in the background and home screen of my android device shows up. I kind of put a temporary fix by using showMainActivity() method in MyMeetingActivity and in it I am initializing the intent again on Intent intent = new Intent(this, InitAuthSDKActivity.class); and starting this activity. I am calling showMainActivity() from onmeetingStatusChanged() in MyMeetingActivity when the meeting status is reconnecting. This kind of fixed the issue for me but I don’t know the caveats. Please suggest if this would be sufficient or there is a better fix.

Thanks,
Jasmine

Hi Carson,

Any update on this?

Hey @jasmineakkal0316,

That is a good workaround! We will continue to investigate this issue in the meantime. (CS-1976)

Thanks,
Tommy