Zoom App integrate with angular and spring boot java by OAuth

Description
I want zoom app integrate into our web application by OAuth, But zoom api are only communicate with Backend of our application.

In our web application many users can login ,
how to add that users into a single zoom account ?
because

1. some users are already registered with zoom application and
  2. some users not registered that means new user going into create and added into under client app account.
    So how to validate that users are exist user or not ?

and after create zoom account for new user, can we create meeting for that user before set password flow ?

**Which App Type - OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

This api only give the user present in our app account or not ?

i saw this link - Check zoom account exists, but i need solution

after the our Backend got meeting url, we used that url with iFrame tag, we are going into show the zoom app into our web application. Is it correct ?

Hey @gayathri.selvaraj,

When a user authorizes an OAuth app, they are presented with a screen that gives them the option log in or create a Zoom account. There will always be an ability for a user that doesn’t have a Zoom account to create one in the app install flow.

Are you able to provide more information on your use-case for validating if a user’s emails exist?

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM, got it.

I need one more clarification, I want the zoom app schedule meeting view embed into HTML page. How to do it with oauth ?

Hey @gayathri.selvaraj,

I’m glad that was helpful! Currently, there is no way to embed the schedule either from the Web Client or the Desktop Client. The best solution for this is to create a form of your own which has only the details you need. Then, you can call the Create Meeting API with those details. Alternatively, you can direct your users to the Schedule a Meeting page in their Zoom portal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

thanks for your answer @MaxM, I understood it.

Hi @MaxM,
I need some clarifications from oauth app related,
1. After the user authorized, the user will be redirected to the redirect_uri with the authorization code in the code query parameter, then

• how to add that user into our zoom app account by api ?

• In Create meeting api, https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings url have
    userId is either user id or email Id, so do we must add that authorized user into zoom account for create zoom meeting ?

• Will oauth publishable url expiry in 30 days for pro/ business / enterprise account ? because I need this publishable url will not be expiry for my website, it always working for our website. so what to do for publishable url?

Hey @gayathri.selvaraj,

how to add that user into our zoom app account by API ?

Once a user has authorized your app, it’s not necessary to add them to your account in order to perform actions on their behalf (such as scheduling a meeting).

In Create meeting api, https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings url have
userId is either user id or email Id, so do we must add that authorized user into zoom account for create zoom meeting ?

When a user authorizes your app, that access token should provide the userID and you can use that userID in the request URL to take actions or manage meetings on a user’s behalf.

Will oauth publishable url expiry in 30 days for pro/ business / enterprise account ? because I need this publishable url will not be expiry for my website, it always working for our website. so what to do for publishable URL?

Please resubmit a publishable URL Sharing request for your app when the current one expires. When the current request expires, it will not affect existing subscriptions and they will continue to work while the current request is expired.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM, so every 30 days once, I need resubmit the publishable url to zoom ? and so publishable url will change after the resubmit . is it correct ?

can we create a schedule meeting for authorized user if I have oauth app account as a basic plan (free account) ?

Hey @gayathri.selvaraj,

Thank you for your questions.

so every 30 days once, I need resubmit the publishable url to zoom ? and so publishable url will change after the resubmit . is it correct ?

The Publishable URL is intended to be used for testing before you submit your app to the marketplace. While you would need to submit a new request while developing the application, this won’t be necessary once it is published to the marketplace.

can we create a schedule meeting for authorized user if I have oauth app account as a basic plan (free account) ?

Yes, you can create a meeting for a user with the Basic, free, account.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you @MaxM. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @gayathri.selvaraj,

I’m glad to hear that answered your questions! If you have any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,
Thanks for your support. Wish Happy New Year 2021 :tada: :confetti_ball:

Hey @gayathri.selvaraj,

Happy New Year! :fireworks:

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.