Zoom client local API

This is for developer-specific feature requests. For other requests please contact our customer support team.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I have an external desktop app that controls conference call software (more than just Zoom) and engages with things like a Stream Deck or Loupedeck to realise a physical button to control mute, the camera, sharing, recording, and leaving meetings.

Describe the solution you’d like
An API that runs inside the Zoom client and can be accessed using REST, or preferably, a webhook that also streams updates to subscribers. Microsoft released this in Teams a few weeks ago and has exactly what I’m looking for. My external app needs to be able to control the mute, camera, sharing, recording, and preferably any other action that’s available in Zoom (hands up, emojis, etc.).

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Currently scraping the Zoom client interface, but that’s slow-ish, dependent on the users language, generally less than an API.

Additional context
Microsoft Teams has release a websocket third-party API in their latest updates, for inspiration: Connect third-party devices to Teams - Microsoft Support

1 Like