Zoom Embed Video SDK Session for Virtual Event Platform

Is it possible to start and create a session using the Zoom Video SDK?

We are trying to create a main stage virtual event platform that will have multiple speakers throughout the day. We have dug into video SDK a little bit but need some help.

Basically, we want to be able to send an email to a main stage speaker 15-20 mins before he is set to go live with a session link to start the meeting. Then when that speaker is actually meant to go live we embed the zoom session on our platform for everyone to watch but not join the session, is this even possible? What’s the best way to achieve this? Can you embed a zoom session / meeting?

Hey @brandondeanjones ,

Take a look at our different SDKs here:

Your use case sounds like you would want to use the Client Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you for the reply!

I looked over the Client SDK. and I have a couple of questions. My development team is telling me we could not use the Client SDK if we wanted to allow attendees to join a meeting at any time unless they provide their zoom log-in info!

1. Will using the client SDK force users to log into their own zoom account before they can join a meeting?

2. can we allow any user in our web app to join without their own zoom log-in?

I appreciate the help! Thank you so much!

Hey @brandondeanjones ,

Nope. You do not have to use the Authentication setting when using the Client Web SDK. :slight_smile:

Yes! This is one reason we created the Web SDK . :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.