Zoom Phone API header in Python

Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.
Zoom Phone API - Emergency Addresses

Description
I am using this API to get a list of phone users who have either not entered their emergency address or are using the Main Site default address. I created an OAuth app and have been using Postman for testing, which is working. With Postman, I have a redirect URL. I’m now writing code in Python.

1. How should the OAuth redirect URL be handled now? Should I use a different API app instead?
  2. How is the client ID, client secret, and endpoint used for authorization using Python? Do I need to use authorization_code? If so, how is that done?

Thank you.

Hi Conrad,

If you are planning to write a Python script to poll this API as an internal tool, i would recommend using the “Server to Server oAuth” (S2S) app instead of the standard oAuth app. The S2S app does not require any redirect URL.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/server-to-server-oauth-app/

Hi Justin,

Thank you for confirming. I’ve seen a few posts about creating a public IP but S2S makes more sense.

I figured out the answer to question #2 after posting this and everything has been working just fine.

Thank you for the quick response!

Conrad