Zoom room API start_time parameter

Hello,
I’m trying integrate a feature to our internal App to schedule a zoom room meeting through Zoom room API but I’ve got 2 major problems and need your help. (following the document https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/zoom-rooms/zoom-rooms-api)

1. When I try to call https://api.zoom.us/v2/rooms/{roomid}/meetings, and input the start_time parameter as localtime format, ex: 2021-03-17T15:00:00. But it’s always +1 hour more than localtime although I set the localtime to GMT+7. I tried to put time in ISO format like 2021-03-17T15:00:00+07:00 but it didnt work either.

2. After a scheduled meeting is created, the response is just lack of meeting id. I want to get the meeting invitation of the meeting that is just created and auto send that via email to users, but, there’s no meetingid in the response of api.

Any helps would be appreciated.
Thank you in advanced

Hey @adc-it,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Try using the timezone property from that API in order to set the timezone for the start_time:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hello Max,
Thanks for your reply, but it didnt help. I also try to use ISO time fortmat but didnt help either

Btw, how about the meetingid returns after creating the schedule so that I can get the invitation and send to the user who schedules the meeting ?
Thank you!

Hey @adc-it,

Thank you for the response. When looking at your account, I’m not seeing that meeting. Are you able to share where you’re seeing that discrepancy in the UI? I’ll work to reproduce the issue on my end.

When it comes to retrieving the meeting ID when using the Zoom Room Schedule API, you’ll want to set up the Callback URL when making the request in order to receive the meeting ID when the meeting has been scheduled:

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for your help Max,

Thank you for the response. When looking at your account, I’m not seeing that meeting. Are you able to share where you’re seeing that discrepancy in the UI? I’ll work to reproduce the issue on my end.

When I need to schedule a zoom room meeting, I have to go to Users → RoomsIdxxxx → Meeting → Schedule a Meeting.
Then I will check in the upcoming meeting to see the meeting.
The bad thing is that, when it comes to wrong timezone, the invitation content will be wrong timezone too. That matters me when I try to build our zoom room scheduling app.

Hey @adc-it,

Thank you for clarifying, I see what you’re referring to now. I’m working to set this up and reproduce the issue on my end. In the meantime, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread.

That will make sure that we have a ticket to track this issue. I’ll be sure to follow up there.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,
Thanks for your help.
I’ve been unable to get the reponse from URL Callback, and have logged the request body. Guess what I found, your API POST body is not in JSON format although it’s said that it’s JSON format.
The post body only contains “request_id=f9bc785c-e1ab-452f-878b-b3b1dc17f372&meeting_number=123456789”
How do I deal with this ?

Hey @adc-it,

I see that you’ve submitted a ticket - thank you! I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you Max,
Can you also check with your team the callback url payload content which is unformatted and wrong format.

Yep, sure thing, I’ve already reproduced the issue and submitted a ticket with our engineering team. I’ll follow up with you in the ticket that you created.

Max

Thanks Max, looking to hearing from you soon.

I’ll update you as soon as I can!

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.