Zoom Rooms Integration

Description

Hello,

We have a software for managing private schools and we would like to offer our clients (private schools) the option to directly login into their Zoom Rooms via our software. A more detailed explanation is as follows:
Our clients (private schools) would rent the usage of our software. They would have to enter a lot of information about their business such as teachers, students, etc. The classes are added to a schedule for each teacher and group. The online classes are to be held in virtual classrooms similar to Zoom. Is it possible to integrate a direct access for our clients to the rooms in their own Zoom accounts from our software? Of course, on the condition that they want to do so and provide us with the necessary details to access the rooms in their accounts. For example: the school owner (our client) has a Zoom account with 5 rooms. He also has 5 teachers who are each the main users of one of those 5 rooms. Does Zoom API allow for an integration where those 5 teachers and their students can all enter the owner’s rooms at their corresponding scheduled times from a third party software?
If my case is still unclear to you please feel free to ask for further explanations. I will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Viet

1 Like

Hey @tranvinhviet

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Unfortunately, these threads don’t seem to solve my case. So please provide me with further assistance.

1 Like

Hey @tranvinhviet,

You can have any Zoom user join a meeting hosted from a Zoom Room so long they have the meeting ID and passcode.

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do from an API perspective besides use the Zoom Room Schedule meeting API?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,

I would like to ask some more. Is the Zoom Room a requirement to host a meeting or you can host and join a Zoom meeting without having a Zoom Room? It is a bit confusing how does the Pro plan work, you get host/s licenses but can they hold meetings if you haven’t bought Zoom Rooms plan as well?

1 Like

Hey @tranvinhviet,

You can host a meeting with a free basic account if you want. You don’t have to use a Zoom Room.

Checkout the Zoom Room docs here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @aslamrehana113,

For Zoom provisioning questions please contact support.zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.