Zoom sdk share device audio

Description
Hi ,
We are able to share the device audio if we share the screen and show our screen to the people who join and as well as a if we play a youtube video on our device while the screen is shared , the audio is also shared on the zoom main app. But audio is not shared while trying to share the screen from the device. As we tried finding this issue raised earlier , zoom had mentioned that this feature would come whenever the main zoom app gets it. Kindly find the below link as reference and let us know how to enable this in the zoom sdk

Which Android Client SDK version?
v5.5.1.1319

Hi @abhishekt, thanks for the post.

Yes, the ability to share audio is included in the SDK now. It should be working on the version you are using. The one exception is that this is not yet supported when using a custom meeting UI. Currently this is only supported when using the default meeting UI.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom ok kindly let us know when will this be supported on Custom meeting UI. Also can you share code/doc link how to enable audio sharing while the screen is shared on default meeting UI. Our requirement is when a host tries to play a youtube video , the users from their end will not receive the audio but only video is visible. Kindly assist with this.

Hi @abhishekt,

When you start sharing your screen through the default UI, a toolbar will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. Within that toolbar there is a Share Audio button. Tapping this button will toggle the ability to share audio.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

We tried to reproduce the scenario by using default meeting UI only and there is no Share Audio button found on the floating toolbar or in the settings too. Is there anything that has to be enabled in the code before this. If so kindly share the code / docs.

Hi @abhishekt,

What device make/model/OS version are you running? This toolbar is enabled by default, including the share audio button.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom as i checked in two devices Samsung Galaxy M31 with Android 11 and Redmi 7A with Android 10 and 9 versions , we couldn’t find the button to share audio

Hi @abhishekt,

Thanks for confirming. You should be able to utilize the share audio feature on those devices without any issues. Can you please provide a screenshot with the share toolbar present?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom kindly find the snapshots here for the reference.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--6Qu3e72wSMF_At5f-9uqhw0F0sQmJM?usp=sharing

Hi @abhishekt,

Thanks for providing those. That is certainly bizarre that the button is missing from your UI. I have not been able to reproduce this on my end. Are you setting any fields on your MeetingOptions object when joining the meeting?

Also, can you please check if the share audio button is visible on the same device while using the Zoom client to share and let me know?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom Thanks for responding. Below I am attaching the MeetingOptions which we are setting while starting the meeting.

private static MeetingOptions fillMeetingOption(MeetingOptions opts)
  {
    opts.no_driving_mode = meetingOptions.no_driving_mode;
    opts.no_invite = true;
    opts.no_meeting_end_message = meetingOptions.no_meeting_end_message;
    opts.no_titlebar = meetingOptions.no_titlebar;
    opts.no_bottom_toolbar = meetingOptions.no_bottom_toolbar;
    opts.no_dial_in_via_phone = meetingOptions.no_dial_in_via_phone;
    opts.no_dial_out_to_phone = meetingOptions.no_dial_out_to_phone;
    opts.no_disconnect_audio = meetingOptions.no_disconnect_audio;
    opts.no_share = meetingOptions.no_share;
    opts.invite_options = meetingOptions.invite_options;
    opts.no_video = meetingOptions.no_video;
    opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID;
    opts.no_meeting_error_message = meetingOptions.no_meeting_error_message;
    opts.participant_id = meetingOptions.participant_id;
    return opts;
  }

Here I am attaching a screenshot of the Zoom Main Client App , where I am not able to see the other options also as how its showing in the android sdk along with Share Device Audio button.

Device which I am using -

Hi @abhishekt,

Thanks for checking that. If the Zoom client is not showing the share audio button, that means this is not an issue with the SDK. I would recommend reaching out through our general support page and getting that issue resolved. Once it is properly showing in the client, the SDK’s UI should behave the same way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom , I think this Share Audio button is nothing to do with our requirements. Repeating what we need and our requirement is simple as that if a host shares the screen and for example play a youtube video while the meeting screen is shared , the audio should be able to obtained along with the video to the users who joins the meeting. We could able to do this in the zoom client app by enabling Use Original Sound in the meeting settings and also once meeting screen is shared we get an another option in the meeting popup windown Enable original sound. Once it is enabled , the users who joins is able to hear the audio along with the video. This option is not available on the zoom sdk which we are using. Kindly let us know how to enable this from the sdk side since it is working on the zoom main app. Below you can find the screenshots of zoom main app on my current device where I’m testing.

Hi @abhishekt,

The option to preserve your original sound is not yet supported by the SDK. Are you sure that this is what you are looking for? That feature means that any enhancements to your audio provided by Zoom (e.g. echo cancellation or background noise reduction) will be disabled. Please check out this support article for more information on this feature.

When you enable this setting on the Zoom client, it is probably altering temporarily allowing you to share audio for that meeting as a side effect. In order to achieve the behavior you are describing, you will need to get access to the share audio button mentioned in my previous replies.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom are you sure that share audio button meets our requirements since you say the feature of enabling original sound doesn’t exist on the sdk.

Hi @abhishekt,

If I am understanding correctly, yes it should meet your needs. The share audio button is used to share your device’s audio. The original sound option is meant for disabling sound enhancements built into the Zoom client. Are you just looking to include the audio with your screen share? If so, then this is the correct approach. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.